Nissan Forum banner

2K2 Rear Clunking- AfterMarket Shocks.

17K views 209 replies 19 participants last post by  sabst79 
#1 ·
This clunking has got to stop. It is abuse and Nissan is slow to respond. It gets worse with time and use and will not go away?

No this is not Spousal Abuse; this is Owner Abuse!!!

Owners that have had new OEM replacement shocks(one on this forum) say there is no difference. What is the cure?

Monroes(I`m told Nissan OEM`s are made by them)?

How about Koni`s????? Doctor, Doctor give me the News?

#5 ·
ALTYHOLIC said:
Rat, nothing yet on the aftermarket strut/shock scene. That's
assuming you don't count Altimat's $1500 adjustables...:eek:
Yeh Really, if we totatly rebuild these rides, we should have just bought a G35 Coupe it would be less expensive in the long run.:D

I was hoping there was something from a leading shock absorber company or something????

#8 ·
I took the wife and kid in the Alti today and it was rather chilly out...... this mudder fawker was so loud my wife was bitchin about it....and I did not say a word. If my new shocks do not fix this noisy piece of shit I am going to burn it. It sounds like a $12K Kia in stead of a 30K Altima

#18 ·
Iv'e seen alot of complaints on clunking in the rear of the 2002 Alty's. But only on web sites. There's been no problems with this in our shop. There is a TSB on rear shocks you might check that out. But it sounds like it might be something else.

#19 ·
Hardcore said:
Iv'e seen alot of complaints on clunking in the rear of the 2002 Alty's. But only on web sites. There's been no problems with this in our shop. There is a TSB on rear shocks you might check that out. But it sounds like it might be something else.
It is a real fuked up sound...And it is so much worse in the winter, which makes me believe it is the shocks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.