Nissan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering an engine swap. I was wondering if it would be possible to drop a 2JZTTE motor in a B14 200sx?

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
a twin turbo supra rwd engine into a fwd sentra?
possible? of course.
expensive? probably moreso than buying the whole supra ;)

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
there is no way you can fit that motor in that car.. you would have to get rid or prolly the whole firewall..... just go for the sr20det motor...

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
psuLemon said:
there is no way you can fit that motor in that car.. you would have to get rid or prolly the whole firewall..... just go for the sr20det motor...
it would be do-able...mind you it would entail a RIDICULOUS amount of custom work though. like you said, det all the way.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
bot to mention the custom drive shaft needed, rear axel, tunnel for the drive shaft, possible new seating postion to get close to the shifter, pedal relocation....the list goes on and on. look into the sr20det blue bird from the pulsar GTiR. or if you prefer your car to stay street legal and smog passible, just get a normal USDM SR20 and turbo it.

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
NickZac said:
it would be do-able...mind you it would entail a RIDICULOUS amount of custom work though. like you said, det all the way.
have you ever seen the size of one of those motors and seen the engine bay from a supra.. then looked at ours.. you would have to make a custom tubelar chasis and body for our car to even think bout it.. but im talkin about keep the body and chasis whole. That motor is not a very small.. and with twin turboes, it makes it even larger. there is no way it would fit in our engine bay, you would have to wided the axels and body to think bout fittin it in there..

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
psuLemon said:
have you ever seen the size of one of those motors and seen the engine bay from a supra.. then looked at ours.. you would have to make a custom tubelar chasis and body for our car to even think bout it.. but im talkin about keep the body and chasis whole. That motor is not a very small.. and with twin turboes, it makes it even larger. there is no way it would fit in our engine bay, you would have to wided the axels and body to think bout fittin it in there..
My point exactly. X is the engine and Y is the engine bay. Y needs to be resized and a lot of parts would need to be relocated (and of course many custom made and replaced). That is why I said ridiculous amount of work. Obviously this would not be a pop and swap. Anything can be done, you just need the $$$. Hell, they did fit a LS1 into a Geo Metro...

Also, I dont see where 1000+ WHP would do much good for other than a pure track car lol. That is what the 2JZ is, a monstrous engine designed for monstrous power numbers. If the thread starter is looking for a street car, swapping in an engine such as the 2JZ would IMO be silly, especially considering that 400 WHP Sentras with the SR20DETs live and lurk (and an SRDET swap is much more feasable, lighter and obviously inexpensive). 400 WHP is a lot, I cant see any practical use in higher power on the street other than bragging rights.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you have to admit that would be bad @$$ if i could pull that off. that would be the b14 to beat all b14s, and alot of other nissans for that matter..lol

·
Have I Hit 12's Yet?
5,325 Posts
itde be heavy as shit

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
meangreen200sx said:
you have to admit that would be bad @$$ if i could pull that off. that would be the b14 to beat all b14s, and alot of other nissans for that matter..lol
But you can do the same with an SR20 mate. :p

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
meangreen200sx said:
it would be badass if you used the pulsar awd system to convert your car to awd with an gtir motor.... that would be badass

1 - 12 of 12 Posts