Nissan Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

· XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,232 Posts
Now, this type of measure I can relate to easily Manuel :)

Litres are my favourite, you could use them to measure petrol consumption per KM or stomach capacity for beer LOL :thumbup:

Now don't you guys start getting the wrong impression about me ;)

manuelga said:
I got an extra messure to fullfill the mess:

Km/lt

Hehehehehe really, that's the way we measure fuel eficiency at Mexico, it's like MPG but with kms & liters.

It means, how many KILOMETERS can you run with a LITER of Gas

10km/lt = 10lts/100kms

To make the conversion.... I got a program at the palm :thumbup:

· Registered
3 Posts
I have just over 4000km's on my X-trail, i get an average of 10.5 liters per 100km and that is about 90% Highway. I was hoping to get better than that. And it is always in 2wd mode, (only snowed once since i got it). Has anyone noticed much difference as the engine gets more broken in?

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hehe...
we are so confused....
I am a metric guy, actually I grew up when it was being implemented into the elementary schools. But I still think that MPG is the standard for the general population. But we can do both here.

:cheers:

· Registered
109 Posts
CDN gal. = 4.54 l vs US gal. = 3.78 l. Therefore 9 L/ 100 km would be converted like this, 9 div by 4.54 = 1.98 gal. and 100km = 62.50 miles, therefore 62.50 div by 1.98 = 31.57 mpg. The equivalent in US is 26.26 mpg, (62.50 div by 2.38).

· Registered
140 Posts
Be gentle on the throttle. Foot off accelerator far in advance of red lights and stop signs. Keep highway speed close to limit. If you do that for a tank, and still get 1.5L/100km, I'd say you have a problem somewhere. I'm pretty easy on the accelerator in the city, but I drive faster than my wife on the highway. I get 10.5L/100km. She gets below 10.

· Fully Bolted + Juiced!
389 Posts
I'm getting around 9.0-10.0L/100km. The key is to just shift at 3 grand and always keep it on a higher gear. The Qr's torque is a real fuel saver here but you have to learn how to use it. On Saturdays I commute a total of 120-140kms and I only use less than a quarter of a tank of gas. However if you like mashing the throttle I have seen as high as 15-20l/100km/h.

· Registered
53 Posts
chansen said:
Be gentle on the throttle. Foot off accelerator far in advance of red lights and stop signs. Keep highway speed close to limit. If you do that for a tank, and still get 1.5L/100km, I'd say you have a problem somewhere. I'm pretty easy on the accelerator in the city, but I drive faster than my wife on the highway. I get 10.5L/100km. She gets below 10.
I have done this already, be gentle. Anyways, it is powerful enough, not to accel hard.

· Registered
53 Posts
Terranismo said:
I'm getting around 9.0-10.0L/100km. The key is to just shift at 3 grand and always keep it on a higher gear. The Qr's torque is a real fuel saver here but you have to learn how to use it. On Saturdays I commute a total of 120-140kms and I only use less than a quarter of a tank of gas. However if you like mashing the throttle I have seen as high as 15-20l/100km/h.
Sorry I don't have 5 speed, on mine, its auto. It summer, next fill up I'll know

· Registered
25 Posts
Just checked my milage on my latest tank of fuel which was a 50/50 mix of town/highway driving. It worked out this time at 37.5Imp MPG or 7.5L/100km.

However given the prcie of fuel in Europe,over 1 euro per litre (1.60CAD), this is just as well. In the UK, it is even more expensive.

· Registered
121 Posts
gas milage

Just wanted to report my gas milage.
First time recorded I got 532km out of 52L. (this was with slow accellerating)
2nd time was 407km/43L.
3rd was 406km/45.23L
Those are from city driving.

Right when my X-trail reached to 2050km just passed the 2000km break in mark, I took it for a small 1000km trip. At the end of the trip my odometer is at 3090 I believe.
First fill up was 383km/38.5L (this was with cruise control at 120km/hr),
there was a gas fill up for 21L in betweens but forgot to record the milage,
and the other fill up was 552km/53L (this was with the crazy driving one the way back, passing cars, and driving at 140km/hr - 160km/hr most of the time)

I find that even with regular driving and hard accelerating, highway driving... for me the x-trail gas milage is still average out the same.

· Registered
65 Posts
Fuel

Hi everybody,

With the price of gas so high I decided to change my driving style. I've recorded my km and litres of fuel from the first day I've owned the car so I can easily see what my fuel consumption has been over the 12000 km I've owned the car. When I first started driving the X-Trail I was averaging 10.8-12.8 L/100km. That was with heavy acceleration at every stop and 140 km/h on the highway. Now, I drive with the cruise at 100 km/h on the highway and accelerate slowly from every stop. I also turn off the car when I wait more than 1 minute and I rarely go over 3000 rpm. I try to keep it in fifth gear whenever I'm maintaining a constant speed. Results = I've been averaging 8.8 L./100km. I consider that great! By using 4 litres of fuel less per 100 km I'm actually saving 20 litres of fuel per week. With the price of gas at 1.10$ the litre of gas, that’s a saving of over 20 $ a week. Take that you greedy gas companies. I've also limited the number of trips I take with the car. Now I can go 1½ weeks before filling up the car. On one trip, I drove 590 km before the light came on. If everybody would do the same, we would save billions and help the environment too. I must admit that at 100 km/h you get passed by 18 wheelers though but it is actually very relaxing to drive slowly. I also laugh when I cross a police with Radar. Everybody else slams on the brakes and drives by at 90 km/h while I don't budge and drive by at my cruise controlled speed of 100 km.

Peace

· Nissan X-TRAIL Enthusiast
716 Posts
Ryan

Hey... Welcome back!!! What a great post... I have also changed my driving habits which were a bit like yours.. sigh... hehehe and everything you said is correct... and this is a great way to "Screw" the gas companies and pay less gas tax!

Stephen

Ryan_U said:
Hi everybody,

With the price of gas so high I decided to change my driving style. I've recorded my km and litres of fuel from the first day I've owned the car so I can easily see what my fuel consumption has been over the 12000 km I've owned the car. When I first started driving the X-Trail I was averaging 10.8-12.8 L/100km. That was with heavy acceleration at every stop and 140 km/h on the highway. Now, I drive with the cruise at 100 km/h on the highway and accelerate slowly from every stop. I also turn off the car when I wait more than 1 minute and I rarely go over 3000 rpm. I try to keep it in fifth gear whenever I'm maintaining a constant speed. Results = I've been averaging 8.8 L./100km. I consider that great! By using 4 litres of fuel less per 100 km I'm actually saving 20 litres of fuel per week. With the price of gas at 1.10$ the litre of gas, that’s a saving of over 20 $ a week. Take that you greedy gas companies. I've also limited the number of trips I take with the car. Now I can go 1½ weeks before filling up the car. On one trip, I drove 590 km before the light came on. If everybody would do the same, we would save billions and help the environment too. I must admit that at 100 km/h you get passed by 18 wheelers though but it is actually very relaxing to drive slowly. I also laugh when I cross a police with Radar. Everybody else slams on the brakes and drives by at 90 km/h while I don't budge and drive by at my cruise controlled speed of 100 km.

Peace

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.