Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
I travel about 1000km per week and have been averaging around 29mpg with speeds ranging between 90 and 120km/hr. My best was 29.8mpg. In addition, this was with winter tires (P225/60/R16), that I had for my Maxima and with still very new tread. I put these tires on a week after I purchased my Xtrail. Of course mileage decreases with winter weather.

All in all, I am very impressed with the fuel efficiency of the Xtrail. I was hoping for the fuel efficiency as my maxima. I was only getting 26-27 mpg with the winter tires last winter and was overwhelmed by the difference in fuel efficiency with the same tires.

Greg
Thorongil said:
Easter weekend we went from Halifax to Cape Breton and back. About 400 km each way. Average speed (cruise control) set at about 112km/hr.
Just checked the milage: 28.1 MPG with the Thule box on the roof. Not bad I guess.

http://img236.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img236&image=xtf19po.jpg

·
X-Trail Moderator
902 Posts
MPG vs Litres/100KM

Hey guys,

Why are you all talking about miles per gallon? ;)
Am I missing something here?
Since I got my X-trail I have been noting how many KILOMETERS I clock every time I fuel up (I also note how many LITRES go in when fueling up)

I do mostly city (70% of the time), 11.5 to 13.5 L/100Km (14 when really cold in January)
Translated = 20.4, 17.4 (16.8) MPG.

Later.

·
Registered
347 Posts
YEP ^^^ What He Said!!!
Using Km's and then MPG just don't work.. Heck, I have a hard enough time with the 110mm cigarettes! Your Xtrails should be getting 16 - 18 MPG when running wind blocking gear. If you are ALL REALLY getting High 20's MPG, I will
steal an Xtrail from the North and find a way to bring it to the states! :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Using MPG just gives most people a better grasp or indication of how good or bad something is on fuel.
IMO, anyway.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thorongil said:
Using MPG just gives most people a better grasp or indication of how good or bad something is on fuel.
IMO, anyway.
I find MPG confusing because there is US gallon and Imperial gallon. My Xtrail uses about 12 L/100kms in the city and about 10 on the highway.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"..........12 L/100kms in the city and about 10 on the highway."

Doesn't mean a dang thing to me...
probably because of Americans eh?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just came back from a two-day, 1,000-mile (1,600 km) trip. Partly on two-laners, partly backroads and city streets, mostly on the 401 running 120-140 km/h. Averaged 9.46 litres per 100 km -- about 30 mpg -- so I'm pretty happy. The Xty felt very secure all the way, even today when the weather featured rain, snow, sleet, slush and strong, gusty winds. Very comfortable and restful trip. :cheers:

·
XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,228 Posts
Thanks Marc (ValBoo) for the conversion, being a Km and Lt man myself here in Australia, I found it a bit hard to relate to Miles and Gallons conversions :)

Not to mention that I'm hopeless in maths anyway :)

Anyway, the best fuel consumption that I could achieve with the airc-con on and driving in 2WD mode was 9.6LT/100Km's. This seems to be very consistant, as I've taken 3 readings so far after re-fueling and it's ranged between 9.6lt to 9.9lt per 100kms.

Aah and my car is 25.lt, auto if you're asking.

I'm using Mobil Unleaded Fuel which ranges between 91(normal unleaded)-95 (premium unleaded) Octanes.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I was. I guess I shouldn't have? I never use gallons as a measurement, but in Imp. gallons, it works out to 24.6 and 28.3 MPG.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Looking through the thread, I can't make heads or tails of whether everyone else is using US or Imperial gallons. What's it going to take to get everyone on board with simple metric? What if Playboy started listing measurements in centimetres?

·
X-Trail Moderator
902 Posts
I definitly agree with the above.

Along with that, if we could only get everyone to just add a little more info to their profiles, like details about your ride and where you are located ( Chansen & Avery SLickride ) that would be great !
thanks guys. ;)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Xcellent..
Now, are you all referring to the IMPe Gallon or U.S. Gallon?
As that Tooo makes a BIG difference in the MPG. As the MPiG is Impe Gal and MPG is U.S.(for comparison on this thread) . :thumbup:

·
Proud 2004 X-Trail Owner
691 Posts
I got an extra messure to fullfill the mess:

Km/lt

Hehehehehe really, that's the way we measure fuel eficiency at Mexico, it's like MPG but with kms & liters.

It means, how many KILOMETERS can you run with a LITER of Gas

10km/lt = 10lts/100kms

To make the conversion.... I got a program at the palm :thumbup:

·
X-Trail Moderator
902 Posts
manuelga said:
I got an extra messure to fullfill the mess:

Km/lt

Hehehehehe really, that's the way we measure fuel eficiency at Mexico, it's like MPG but with kms & liters.

It means, how many KILOMETERS can you run with a LITER of Gas

10km/lt = 10lts/100kms

To make the conversion.... I got a program at the palm :thumbup:
Hummmmmm ?
Manuel, are talking about Imperial Litres, US Litres, British Litres or Canadian Litres ??? HAAAAAAAAH
;)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts