Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
psshhgoesmysr20 said:
Does anyone know if the 99-01 mustang 255lph walbro fuel pump will work in the Classic Se-R? I could have sworn that one of the mustang walbro brand pumps worked in the classic. Tia
Hi Mike,

I am using one in my red classic but I am having mysterious fuel pick up problems and might go to a ttz pump. I can't figure it out, the car fuel starves when I have less than 2/3 tank, the pump is totaly under fuel still at this point.

Mike

·
You get what you pay for.
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: 255lph Walbro Fuel pump

You know my Fuel light doesn't even work, so I have no clue if I ever go that low ;). SO the 99-01 mustang pump does work, but I may inccur problems with pick up. That is strange. If you ever do figure it out Mike let me know bro. TIA

P.S How much do the TTz pumps usually go for and where is the best place to look?
morepower2 said:

Hi Mike,

I am using one in my red classic but I am having mysterious fuel pick up problems and might go to a ttz pump. I can't figure it out, the car fuel starves when I have less than 2/3 tank, the pump is totaly under fuel still at this point.

Mike

·
Registered
235 Posts
psshhgoesmysr20 said:
Does anyone know if the 99-01 mustang 255lph walbro fuel pump will work in the Classic Se-R? I could have sworn that one of the mustang walbro brand pumps worked in the classic. Tia
Walbro makes a pump kit just for the Classic SE-Rs.

Call them up.

·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: 255lph Walbro Fuel pump

If this one will suffice I will get it. It is brand new for a 100 bucks. So It is a deal I can't pass up if it works. See where I'm coming from?

Boosterwitch said:

Walbro makes a pump kit just for the Classic SE-Rs.

Call them up.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 255lph Walbro Fuel pump

psshhgoesmysr20 said:
If this one will suffice I will get it. It is brand new for a 100 bucks. So It is a deal I can't pass up if it works. See where I'm coming from?

Aaron has one in his Sentra with the FMAX Stage Crazy and he told me it was $130 for it.

To be honest I think you'd rather have the right stuff to install it when you're in there...I think it'll be worth the extra $30.

·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: Re: Re: 255lph Walbro Fuel pump

Ryan,

I totally agree. But who sells them for 130, I heard FTF sold them for like 250 or something along those lines.

Boosterwitch said:

Aaron has one in his Sentra with the FMAX Stage Crazy and he told me it was $130 for it.

To be honest I think you'd rather have the right stuff to install it when you're in there...I think it'll be worth the extra $30.

·
Registered
235 Posts

·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
NPM Executive Editor
214 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 255lph Walbro Fuel pump

psshhgoesmysr20 said:
Ryan,

I totally agree. But who sells them for 130, I heard FTF sold them for like 250 or something along those lines.

E-mail them and find out.

http://www.ftfmotorsports.com/

I'd strongly recommend against using the Mustang Walbro pump. The actual engineer for Walbro advised me not to use that pump when I was accidentally shipped that one instead of the SE-R pump.

Here's the Walbro number

B13 and NX 255 lph use a GCA3375-2 (pump = GSS341)

B13 and NX 190 lph use GCA3373-2 (pump = GSS278)

B14 255 lph use GCA3376-2 (pump = GSS342)

B14 190 lph use GCA3374-2 (pump = GSS250)

I'd also look into the 300ZX TT fuel pump. I have yet to verify for myself but I dont think the Walbro has a valve to depressurize the fuel line when cranking. The TT pump can be had at a parts wholesaler for about $230. Like the Walbro well worth the money spent to get the right part.

Don't quote me on this though. We'd really need to find out from the expert himself Carl H knows hit sh*t about Walbro's products. And firmly stands behind them.

http://www.se-r-list.org/archives/2000/2000-10/frm01459.html

The last thing you want to do is fuel starve your car and blow a motor with the wrong part.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Just for info, I was searching Ebay under "sentra" and found a guy who sells walbro 255 pumps for sentra's. I bid $95.00 and got it for that and shipping was around $5. Its the actual pump for a 91-94 SE-R (I checked part numbers). Thought some of you would like to know.
John

·
Registered
15 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 255lph Walbro Fuel pump

psshhgoesmysr20 said:
Ryan,
I just recently bought the 255 walbro from Terry of FTF motorsport for $125 shipped!

I will also agree that you should get the right part.

T

·
0 Posts
I got mine from Terry for $125 shipped also. Though I have seen that one on ebay too. Whoever is selling those seems to have a lot as I see that auction up all the time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts