Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
800+ posts
822 Posts
More than you can conceivably crank out of a GA16DE. I know of several Nissan guys who have around 300+ bhp in their various vehicles (SR20DET B13s, RB20DET S13s, and even an RB25DET S14) and run Walbro 255s. To my knowledge, they'll provide enough push for 550cc + injectors, so you should be fine. They do whine a bit, though.

Also, if you plan on upgrading to a Walbro 255 lph pump prior to turboing, you'll need some form of airflow converter (S-AFC 2, etc.) because your car will run rich. I had to tune my GA16DE (pre-turbo) to -7% across the entire spectrum to stop from going through a tank of gas in two days... ouch.

·
B13 GA16DET
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also, if you plan on upgrading to a Walbro 255 lph pump prior to turboing, you'll need some form of airflow converter (S-AFC 2, etc.) because your car will run rich. I had to tune my GA16DE (pre-turbo) to -7% across the entire spectrum to stop from going through a tank of gas in two days... ouch.
my car is currently running rich...as for the airflow converter, im waiting on my JWT ecu ( 3-5 weeks )

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I would have to say then to stay with a stock pump!!! unless you are turboing the car. why bother with that pump then?? I am interested in a new pump because mine seems to slowly pump up now after 17 years. I had the recall on the thing, so it was replaced in 1994, but its slower in spool up when you turn the key on. takes longer to pump up the pressure. I am going to stock replacement though.

Chris 92 classic

·
Destroyer of Engines
561 Posts
It runs rich because the high pressure model will run higher than stock fuel pressure. An adjustable fuel pressure regulator will allow you to lower the fuel pressure back to stock. Or just get the low pressure model, that should be plug and play.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Do you guys have any idea of how much a stock CA18DET fuel pump can flow?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts