Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok a few days ago i started replacing the head gasget on my gfs car. about halfway into taking it apart i could tell it had been done before. there was liquid gasget where there shouldnt of been and other things like that. get the head off and nothing looks like it is in very good condition. and the engine isnt worth putting back together without a complete internal rebuild. so i searched around locally for a replacment motor with no luck. so started looking into just doing a turbo motor swap cuz she has been wanting one for a while but only has a lil over 1500 to work with and i know i cant get an sr20 for that much so i thaught about a ca18det. i searched around and didnt see much about the swap. and for finding a motor the only place i have looked isjgycustoms.com cuz i have a friend who got a motor from them so i know there not going to rip me off. if anyone knows where i could get a good but resonably priced ca18det i would apreciate it. and any information on the swap would help i dont know how much is involved but i can do the swap myself. and i can do all the harness work and pipe fabrication myself also.
so what do you guys think can it be done with just over 1500 to work with
thanks
brian

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
any help at all would be appreciated even if its just a reputable place that sells engins or your 2 cents about the swap
thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
one more question will a ka24de tranny bolt up to a sr20det
thanks

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,120 Posts
s14racing said:
one more question will a ka24de tranny bolt up to a sr20det
thanks
No, the bellhousings are different but the rest of the tranny is the same; just replace the bellhousing and it'll bolt right up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ckykm said:
try www.zerolift.com located in Cincinnati OH...they have CA's i think $900 for motor, tranny, ECU and harness...not 100% sure..check them though

have you had any experience personally with them cuz those prices look a lil too good
thanks

·
Registered
272 Posts
Personally I purchased an SR20DET engine set from them. There prices are just good...not bad engines...pretty good deal...I am 100% satisfied...only thing I have to complain about them is that they take awhile to ship or recieve parts sometimes. Sometimes they dont though. They will get the job done, no gimmicks. But you might have to wait, depending on if you need a part.

Good Luck

·
Registered
272 Posts
I got the SR20DET Engine,Transmission,ECU,New Harness,HKS BOV,HKS BOV Flange, GReddy Oil Pan,EZ Install Kit(radiator hoses,New Belts, AIV PLug) for $2600...not shipped, I picked it up since I live 20min away.

They supplied the SMIC for free, might have to ask for it, but I opted for the Greddy V SPL FMIC for $749 including Tax.

And everything is fine, I am only waiting on the EZ install kit, been waiting for two weeks, shouldnt have...plus it doesnt help that this was going on at the same time of the OH snow storm and break for New Years and Xmas. Might have something to do with i.

BUt I dont know, talk to them on AOL, screen name is "Zeroliftauto". You can ask them anything, I'm not informed on the CA as on the SR, so I really wouldnt know what to get.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the help

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
Revival

I'm going to revive this old thread to piss everyone off. That's right! I'm reviving old threads! CRY FREEDOM!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey man, I swapped a ca18 into my 92 240 this past summer so any problems u have with the install just hit me up. I got my motor from Jarcoinc.com. Its in Atlanta. They sell the entire half cut for 2000, which includes shipping and everything you need for the swap, along with turbo downpipe, viscous lsd, and hi flo fuel pump.A half cut also helps with the install cuz you can see what goes wher before you pull the motor. Good quality motors and good customer service too.

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
Most CA18DET motorset swaps don't come with ECU, if they're that cheap. I have, however, seen CA ECU's for $50 on EBay, and you can get BEE-R and Mine's ECU's for under $300. I went with factory ECU, but you always have options.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts