Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got one for free so I figured why not try it? I did and it works great! It has the same plug so it bolts right up. The hole inside the MAF is WAY larger than my old maf!

·
Search Whore
209 Posts
and now go right ahead and remove it... you need to reprogram your ECU to use it

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
why do I need to get my ecu re-done?

I've had it on for a couple of days and it works a lot better!

I even had it hooked up to a NISSAN consult and its working great??

P

·
0 Posts
HaulinSentra said:
why do I need to get my ecu re-done?

I've had it on for a couple of days and it works a lot better!

I even had it hooked up to a NISSAN consult and its working great??
Because the map in the ECU is NOT for that MAF. The CONSULT won't complain, but a tailpipe emissions test would show a problem. Not to mention MPG and driveability.

The MAF only outputs a voltage. The ECU is programmed to know that a certain voltage means a certain air flow. This air flow is not the same between the 1.6L MAF and the 2.4L MAF at the same output voltage.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i can see the a/f with the consult and its pretty good.

The car definatly works better...

P

·
0 Posts
The CONSULT assumes that the MAF is the stock one.
The CONSULT is not measuring your tailpipe emissions.

Are you looking at the O2 sensor time period under load on a dyno at various RPM's?

·
FIVE SPEED&FOAM INJECTION
1,541 Posts
not to sound like a smart ass, but damned if my s-afc doesnt do the same thing for me and its not going to eventually screw up my car man. You really do need to take it off there. If you want the larger diameter opening take the stock one to a shop and have it enlarged- that my help with airflow, but you couldnt do it much. Is your car now running pig rich or what?-if youre going to keep it your gonna have to send the ecu to JW

1 - 8 of 8 Posts