Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a beautiful 240 SX - 1993 Red Convertible with only 50,000 miles. Only drive it on pretty days. However, the left rear windown won't go up. The dealership can find the Left Rear Window Regulator - does anyone know of one? We've searched online junkyards, etc., no luck. Thank you.

·
Registered
76 Posts
First off, don't bother with the junk yards. the convertibles were pretty rare, about 1100 of them made for each model year. Introduced in 1992 and discontinued in 1994, the convertible is a rare sight in the junk yards nowadays. If I see one, I will sit in a corner and cry.
Anyways, my problem with the quarter windows is the switch unit. the plastic in there melted and the functions took more and more effort to get the windows up. I cracked it open and used a screw driver for the temporary solution of getting the windows up on a rainy day. Don't be fooled by the dealer, he only wants to screw you. A new switch unit will set you back about $60-80. It took all of last winter to figure that one out. I decided to crack the thing open, and voila!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts