Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Paddle Shifted
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anybody see that 240 on MTV's Pimp my Ride? It broke my heart seeing how that kid treated his car and then it made me cry when West Coast destroyed it! People like that shouldn't have cars like that because they cant even maintain them. Why dont they pimp my ride? I take care of my stuff!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well u said u take care of ur stuff...which means ur car is prolly taken care of....do we see a trend? :loser:

·
Registered
13 Posts
kellen_wynn said:
Why dont they pimp my ride? I take care of my stuff!
thats good, but you dont want them "pimping" your ride. in my opinion, its more like ricing. but hey, if youre going for a show car look, then it'd be great.

the only "engine mods" i have seen them do are big air filters and neon in the engine bay

·
Registered
446 Posts
it was quite possibly the ugliest thing I've ever seen...I'd rather drive it around the way it was before they "pimped" it... Also, why they hell would you want any of them to touch your car...I don't like chrome rims, or graphics, or spoilers that aren't the color of my car...it's all stupid stuff...yeah what's under the hood is want counts, not everything else...all show, no go=bad....all go, no show=good...

·
USACI here I come
440 Posts
that car was horrible...it pissed me off to see what all they did. The hood he already had was nice.

I've seen so many stupid things on that show. I've seen them use subs that are over 10 years old that looked like they were just in storage.

also they always say that they did 20,000 worth of work. That purple civic for the girl whos always driving her grandma around...they put an APC bumper on it and said it was worth 6,000 B.S.!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
sick of ish.

yeah, what they did too that car was pretty horrible, no wait, it was fuckin disgusting. I would of loved to hear the creator of the show pitch his idea for the first time to the mtv executives..."alright, i got it...lets take peoples cars...give them to a group of idiots who only took a body shop class in high school....let they do whatever they want without ANY impute on the owners...and then give them back. But heres what seals the deal.....we'll get a "crazy wild rap artist" to host it"

what really bothers me is that in nfsu/nfsu2 there is a small group of realistic part designs and they tons of fantasy ones that look gaudy and cheesetastic. WWC decided to use mostly those gaudy flashy parts and then to top it all off paint them really shitty colors that one must smoke alot of pot to like.

WWC cuts corners, lacks education (besides mad mike..he seems like one of the only ones who knows what they're doing) and concentrates on shitty bodywork, cheap paint jobs in horrible colors and shoving as much shit in one car as possible without doing any engine work.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
have you ever seen their off camera work? its truly amazing these guys are not half ass' that dont know what they are doing! idk what it is but that show they do stupid stuff. find their site and look at their cars and trucks and tell me it isnt nice. many of the cars are not too flashy, i.e. black ad grey suede/entire car color scheme. tasteful fiberglass. but on pmr i think they figure "hell they just gave us 10k................anyone ever put a coffe maker in a car?...no?...you want to? lol" and thats the extent of their planing. remember they are all friends from HS and if someone gave you a car, 10k, and said "pimp it" what would you do? lol the same thing

·
Registered
389 Posts
Am I the only one who thought it was tight? The car was a POS before and after it was a drifing machine. :thumbup:

·
Registered
99 Posts
I thought the original body kit (Nismo knockoff) on it at first was much better than the new one. Second, I thought the paint was pretty cool but they needed a different color and not have the cheesy big ASS sun sticker on the hood. Third, why 3 Xboxs? Honestly, does that kid seem like he has that many friends? I think he may have the title of "Most Ricy 240 in So-Cal".

·
Registered
15 Posts
ok..maybe i was a little harsh with my words...but lets just say im still not impressed, and would never trust them with anything i drive (not even my daily beater:92 probe)

Anyone remember that crx they did? the one that they had to push into the shop...the one they had to "fix the engine". These guys dont spend much time under the hoods of cars which is a dissapointment :thumbdwn: . after they "fixed" that crx...anyone notice it still ran like shit, like alot of their other cars they have on pmr. the only thing that pmr does for people is give them shiney parts to part off on ebay later on.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Pimp my ride is only a tv show, WCC dont care about what the result is, they just get paid to do stupid work and thats what they do on the show, in the other hand they have done some good moods to other cars like the toyota sienna (black with green flames) and some other cars that are not in the show.

PS. I dont like pimp my ride but i dunno why I watch it LOL

here's one

·
Registered
10 Posts
PIMP MY RIDE

THE ONLY GOOD ONES THEY HAVE DONE IN MY OPINION IS THE ECORT CONVERTED TO A BMW AND THE VW BUS...BUT THEY STILL WENT OVERBOARD ON THE ELECTRONICS

1 - 20 of 44 Posts