Nissan Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Rogue Platinum
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a '21 Rogue Platinum in Aug '21. Beautiful vehicle to drive but it has some issues. First, the cruise or Pro Pilot Assist will shut down for no reason every now and then. Rainn, snow, bright warm sunny day, doesn't matter.
Brown Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Steering part
Car Light Vehicle Automotive design Steering part

Then on her way to work one afternoon last fall my wife called me and said her Rogue was shutting down as soon as she accelerated to enter the highway. She pulled over. Warning screen said
Car Vehicle Plant White Steering part

The engine malfunction has appeared twice now. First time a few months after purchase. Back to dealer and they checked and said it needed a software update. All is good. Let us know if it happens again. Well it happened again 2 weeks ago. Same situation, at the same spot while entering highway. Called and made an appointment. Wife waited 2 hours at dealership and was sent home. They said it should be ok but their diagnostic tool was acting up.

I called them up and asked what their problem was. They said their diagnostic tool was crashing while installing updates and they have a new one coming first week of Aug. I asked what they did for my wife and was told we disconnected the battery and hooked it back up. Should be ok now. Not acceptable! I was told new tool first week of Aug so make me another appt. Tomorrow's the day I will update post then.

Has anyone else have similar problems with their '21 Rogue?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sorry to hear of your issues. My 22 is at the dealer now for the second time in 3000 miles. I was treated similarly on my first visit and when I dropped it off just now I could tell they were pushing the we probably won't be able to do anything crap again. I told the service advisor that if they aren't going to do anything then to have the service manager be the one to call me as that will be who I start with followed by the general manager. I guess that did something as the advisor texted me to say he talked to the director and someone else and wanted some more info Incase they need to reach out to Nissan engineers.

Be firm and let them know this will not fly and that you know who you will be escalating to several levels up the chain of command. I am going to bed soon but will also reach out to Nissan directly in the afternoon. I suggest you do the same.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry to hear of your issues. My 22 is at the dealer now for the second time in 3000 miles. I was treated similarly on my first visit and when I dropped it off just now I could tell they were pushing the we probably won't be able to do anything crap again. I told the service advisor that if they aren't going to do anything then to have the service manager be the one to call me as that will be who I start with followed by the general manager. I guess that did something as the advisor texted me to say he talked to the director and someone else and wanted some more info Incase they need to reach out to Nissan engineers.

Be firm and let them know this will not fly and that you know who you will be escalating to several levels up the chain of command. I am going to bed soon but will also reach out to Nissan directly in the afternoon. I suggest you do the same.
I'm really curious as to why they couldn't do an update a couple weeks ago. The girl on the phone said that their new tool hasn't shown up yet but that another tech has a good copy of the diagnostic tool on his laptop and that no other diagnostic appointments are scheduled for tomorrow. So, where was this guy when they had the vehicle last week? Also. when I asked to speak to the service manager she said he was on vacation. Hmmm... Stay tuned... Update tomorrow..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Escalate to Nissan ASAP. I have no experience with their help but they say they want to help.

I am not sure of the Canadian version, but this is the US version of their contact site. Lemon Law | Customer Commitment | Nissan USA

WE WANT TO HELP
All of us at Nissan understand that you, our customers, are at the core of what we do. We are fully committed to your customer ownership experience and if a problem does arise, we want to be the one you lean on for help in resolving your concern.

For this reason, we have provided you with a warranty on your Nissan vehicle. However, if a warranty repair on your vehicle doesn’t meet your expectations, we would like to work with you directly to find solutions that will get you back behind the wheel of a properly functioning vehicle as soon as possible.

If you have questions or concerns about your Nissan vehicle, warranty repair or you have received correspondence from a lemon law attorney, please let us know. We understand you may choose to call an attorney, the Better Business Bureau or your state Attorney General’s office, but because of how important you are to us, we want to be the first to help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Escalate to Nissan ASAP. I have no experience with their help but they say they want to help.

I am not sure of the Canadian version, but this is the US version of their contact site. Lemon Law | Customer Commitment | Nissan USA
I'll see what happens tomorrow and if not satisfied i will definitely contact Nissan Canada. Thank you for the info. Good luck with your new Rogue.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
I'm really curious as to why they couldn't do an update a couple weeks ago. The girl on the phone said that their new tool hasn't shown up yet but that another tech has a good copy of the diagnostic tool on his laptop and that no other diagnostic appointments are scheduled for tomorrow. So, where was this guy when they had the vehicle last week? Also. when I asked to speak to the service manager she said he was on vacation. Hmmm... Stay tuned... Update tomorrow..
Not to make excuses, but everything in any Nissan shop depends on the Consult3+ scanner. The full setup costs well over $10K US, so many smaller dealerships only have one without a backup. Nissan is good about getting replacements and loaners out quickly, but that can still leave a small dealership dead in the water for a day or two if a VI gets damaged or the laptop has a Windows crash.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'll see what happens tomorrow and if not satisfied i will definitely contact Nissan Canada. Thank you for the info. Good luck with your new Rogue.
They are blowing me off again so I contacted Nissan and started a case. Hopefully this will help. At least this is now 2 of 4 chances for them to fix it. 2 more and I can claim lemon law and start the process. I really like this car but it is hard to want to give a company a 2nd chance if they won't step up when needed. Also what good is a warranty if they won't even try to fix it. At the very least they should try reflashing the computer and go from there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not to make excuses, but everything in any Nissan shop depends on the Consult3+ scanner. The full setup costs well over $10K US, so many smaller dealerships only have one without a backup. Nissan is good about getting replacements and loaners out quickly, but that can still leave a small dealership dead in the water for a day or two if a VI gets damaged or the laptop has a Windows crash.
Understandable. But this is a fairly large dealership. Next closest one is a 45 minute drive. But this isn't a day or 2. the first occurrence was only about 3 months after purchase.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
I just got off the phone with the manager and when I mentioned initiating the case he asked me to request a field engineer to be involved in the case. He stated they can get more help to resolve the issue that way. You really should contact them asap.
Yep, good advice. Nissan TSR's are very good. I've worked with many and never met a bad one. They also have the authority to get the techs paid for any test or procedure they deem necessary, and that by itself removes a lot of impediments to proper diagnosis. So if you can convince corporate to get one involved, then your chances of a real fix are very much improved.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yep, good advice. Nissan TSR's are very good. I've worked with many and never met a bad one. They also have the authority to get the techs paid for any test or procedure they deem necessary, and that by itself removes a lot of impediments to proper diagnosis. So if you can convince corporate to get one involved, then your chances of a real fix are very much improved.
In that conversation I asked and suggested to try re-installing the software for the car. I suggested this in case there are any bugs aka corrupt code in the software and because it is something to try that does not involve replacing parts just because. After our call, he himself reached out to the DTS engineer and they agreed that is worth trying. It may or may not fix the issues but it will at least eliminate the software from the equation if it doesn't help. If it does help then Nissan can write up a TSB on it. Either way the shop and the techs are going to get covered for their time and that in itself is a huge win. For my side this helps as it is an effort being made to fixing the issue and to not just feel blown off.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
After our call, he himself reached out to the DTS engineer and they agreed that is worth trying.
Most of the DTS's aren't actually engineers, although there was one (and OMG, that man forgot more about automotive engineering than most of the engineers I know will ever learn. He just couldn't stand sitting behind a desk anymore, which was Engineering's loss and our gain). Most of them are highly talented technicians who went up a step, and because they've done actual repair but have an ear into the engineering side of the company, they're privy to a lot of stuff that we techs only learn about by accident or TSB. To a man, they're all very good at unravelling complicated diagnostic issues. You're in good hands.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, had my appointment today and according to the tech all went well. The Rogue accepted the software download and all should be ok. Time will tell. Also had the oil changed. My Wife was eyeballing the new 2022 Pathfinder and we checked one out. The sales rep said we should get what we paid for the Rogue in a trade value. She is going to crunch some numbers and get back to us. Harder on gas at 9.5 liters per 100 km compared to the Rogue at 6.9 but more room and HP and Torque. Don't really need the change but happy wife- happy life.

Another issue I had him check was the vibrating outside driver's side mirror. He said they tried a new '22 and it did the same so I guess we're stuck with this one.

Last issue was the cruise shutting down non-dependent on weather- sun snow rain doesn't matter. he says it is non fixable. They all do it. Maybe a call to Nissan Canada is in the very near future. '

'Thank you all for the great posts and info..

Glenn...

·
Registered
54 Posts
That is good to hear. I like the look of the new Pathfinder. The last few gens have been not so nice looking.

My 22 drivers side mirror vibrates sometimes. I really only notice it during warmup. If I leave the door open while the car is idling, I see and feel the whole door vibrating. Once closed I can't feel it anymore.

My cruise will turn off from time to time with a msg showing in the IC saying inclement weather system unavailable. This happens regardless of weather but generally when accelerating from a stop and then going over little perpendicular ruts in the roads surface. I think the imperfections in the road cause a momentary wheel slip situation so the system shuts down and wants you to take over. I have had it do this at speed as well with similar hard hitting ridges that run perpendicular to my path. Again this seems to be a possible wheel slip situation. This makes sense to do as it would be similar to experiencing wheel slip on a wet surface.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That is good to hear. I like the look of the new Pathfinder. The last few gens have been not so nice looking.

My 22 drivers side mirror vibrates sometimes. I really only notice it during warmup. If I leave the door open while the car is idling, I see and feel the whole door vibrating. Once closed I can't feel it anymore.

My cruise will turn off from time to time with a msg showing in the IC saying inclement weather system unavailable. This happens regardless of weather but generally when accelerating from a stop and then going over little perpendicular ruts in the roads surface. I think the imperfections in the road cause a momentary wheel slip situation so the system shuts down and wants you to take over. I have had it do this at speed as well with similar hard hitting ridges that run perpendicular to my path. Again this seems to be a possible wheel slip situation. This makes sense to do as it would be similar to experiencing wheel slip on a wet surface.
The ruts possibly causing wheel slip makes total sense but mine has done it on perfectly smooth pavement on a hot summer's day. I guess its all a learning curve for a new model. And that brings up another point- the '22 Pathfinder has a regular 9 speed tranny to replace the CVT. Go figure...

Glenn

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
I think the imperfections in the road cause a momentary wheel slip situation so the system shuts down and wants you to take over. I have had it do this at speed as well with similar hard hitting ridges that run perpendicular to my path. Again this seems to be a possible wheel slip situation. This makes sense to do as it would be similar to experiencing wheel slip on a wet surface.
That does make perfect sense. I can't find any bulletin about it, but maybe TechTalk. Or I'll ask our DTS about it next time he visits.

·
Registered
54 Posts
That does make perfect sense. I can't find any bulletin about it, but maybe TechTalk. Or I'll ask our DTS about it next time he visits.
That would be appreciated.

My thought is only theory as of now. I have to admit that on some of them I don't truly notice any jostling of the car or sudden small repeat bumps but it happens still. I have just thought I must not have noticed the imperfections in the roadway.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts