Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently checked the gas millage on my car and im only getting 19-21mpg! ridiculous!! car has intake, 2 inch exaust and some headers new plugs and wires and it gets synthetic oil changes every 3500 miles, just recently changed the upper tensioner also.car runs great! has 132000 it was getting 25-30mpg with the mods. did this happen to anybody?

·
Gig 'Em Aggies !!
259 Posts
is your odometer accurate ? doing more city driving than usual ? emissions and every thing good as far as thats concerned ? do you can take the Obama ideology into practice and inflate your tires properly ? do you feel compelled to answer any and or all of these questions ? lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes the odometer is correct and tires are always inflated correctly. i have some 17 inch rims on it right now till i get the motivation to put the steelies on for nasty Ohio weather. its just crazy how my gas millage gone from good to bad. im gonna check my timing tomorrow and see if that the culprit, also engine recently developed a "whistling" sound when i accelerate.

·
Registered
485 Posts
How far has your foot been going? Is it close to the floor most the time??? Also for the whisting you prob have a leak in your intake. Could also have an effect on MPG.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
I have got between 21 mpg to 36 mpg with my GA1.6 5 speed depending on driving condition's and speed.
I suggest you keep a written record and use whole fill ups to track for a while.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have figured I am getting from 38-40 MPG Not sure if that's us gallons or Canadian gallons. But the once time I was paying attention I found out my gas gauge is out to lunch. It was a need width from quarter tank so I filled up and apparently I only got 22.8 L in it so there for I used not quite half a tank cause it's a 50 L tank and I managed to get 380 km on about half a tank with a combination of city and highwayish driving(I live in the stick but it's not really a true highway) so I am happy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts