Nissan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next week the dealer expects to receive and prep my 2022 Rogue Platinum. They will be installing the auto dimming three button remote mirror as an option I added.

In a few weeks I will want to install my Dashcam that requires both always on and acc power. Thus I have 3 wires (Gnd, acc & always on)

Does anyone have recommendations as the best most convenient place to tap off the power to minimize the extent of the disassembly of the new car?

In my 2014 I ran the wire down the driver side front LH pillar and used fuse taps in the fuse panel. I would prefer not to have to go that route with the 2022 because of the airbag in the pillar.

Does anyone know if both types of power can be obtained in the “cluster” overhead thus avoiding the need to open up the pillar?

I saw one post elsewhere (which I can’t find again) in the forum that talked about tapping into at least one of the power types in the overhead cluster with the front reading lights etc.

Your recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
You can tap ignition and ground (there's no actual accessory position on a Rogue) from the wires for your Auto Dimming Mirror, but you're SOL for battery power. Everything in the roof is either ignition powered (sunroof, lane cam) or powered through the BCM (lamps, microphone). If the mirror is the Nissan OE accessory, it will be wired off the Accessory Pre-Wire connector on the driver's side, which also has battery from fuse #26 available on pin 2. I'd ask the dealership to run a parallel battery wire from there up to the mirror while they're installing it.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Hmm, come to think of it, one other caveat -- don't stick the dash cam to the bottom of the Lane Cam cover. I know that's convenient, but the Nissan cams all have issues with heat and you don't for one second want to block any of its convective cooling. So if you mount your dash cam there, take the cover loose (it just pulls away, there are pawls holding it) and drill holes for a stalk or standoff mount to keep the dash cam from blocking the airflow.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can tap ignition and ground (there's no actual accessory position on a Rogue) from the wires for your Auto Dimming Mirror, but you're SOL for battery power. Everything in the roof is either ignition powered (sunroof, lane cam) or powered through the BCM (lamps, microphone). If the mirror is the Nissan OE accessory, it will be wired off the Accessory Pre-Wire connector on the driver's side, which also has battery from fuse #26 available on pin 2. I'd ask the dealership to run a parallel battery wire from there up to the mirror while they're installing it.
Thank you for your response. You are a wealth of knowledge.

I wanted to clarify one thing. My 2014 Rogue has the mirror with the door opener 3 button remote built in. As I recall, I think I can open the garage door without turning the IGN on. Unfortunately, I won’t be back home for a few more days to verify this.

But, if that is true wouldn’t that mean that there is battery power to the mirror?

Again I will have to check this when I am back home to be 100% sure…

In the link: Replacing / Installing Frameless Rear View Mirror on...

You indicate there are only two power wires (IGN,GND). Can you verify if the mirror with the three button remote uses the same power configuration? Is it possible it has battery power so the remote can operate without the vehicle being on?

Or, is it wishful thinking on my part?

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
You indicate there are only two power wires (IGN,GND). Can you verify if the mirror with the three button remote uses the same power configuration? Is it possible it has battery power so the remote can operate without the vehicle being on?

Or, is it wishful thinking on my part?
Yep, that's wishful. It's possible the mirror has an internal backup battery, I can't speak to that, but if you look on page 28 of the installation instructions, it clearly shows the mirror hooking up to Ignition. However, like I said, pin 2 is battery power (the Red wire right next to the White Ignition wire on the accessory pigtail). It wouldn't be more than 10 minutes extra work for the dealer installing the mirror to run a parallel battery wire for you and cap it off with a butt connector till you're ready to use it.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, that's wishful. It's possible the mirror has an internal backup battery, I can't speak to that, but if you look on page 28 of the installation instructions, it clearly shows the mirror hooking up to Ignition. However, like I said, pin 2 is battery power (the Red wire right next to the White Ignition wire on the accessory pigtail). It wouldn't be more than 10 minutes extra work for the dealer installing the mirror to run a parallel battery wire for you and cap it off with a butt connector till you're ready to use it.
I have sent the request into the dealer. Hopefully they will do it.

thanks again for your response.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On a related topic:

I removed the Dashcam from my 2014 this weekend. I had a look at the connection for the mirror where it terminates on the accessory connector. Interesting enough there are 3 wires. They are connected to red, white and black.

I have attached the phots for reference.

Automotive parking light Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood
Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Cable Gas Wire
Automotive parking light Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Cable Gas Wire

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
That's the accessory pigtail I was talking about. On the car harness, some of the other wire positions change function from model to model and year to year, but the power and ground wires are the same ones on just about everything Nissan. There will be an identical connector with a slightly different pinout on the passenger side, but the pigtail is standard (p/n T99F6-4RA0A) and fits both sides.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts