Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sky Tire Wheel Cloud Car
Snow Dog Sky Cloud Slope

Live just outside Vancouver BC Canada, and we get some snow over the winter, and some years none….this year we have been dumped on since Christmas, with another 6-8 inches overnight….

We walk our Akita every morning, down a logging road by a Saw Mill, and as we are out at 7am, the road isn’t plowed…..but not an issue for the Rogue, just put it in snow mode and off we go!

up and down hills, very deep in many sections, no drama whatsoever!

very, very impressed…

pic of the Mrs and dog to give you an idea of the snow depth….

·
Registered
12 Posts
View attachment 8052 View attachment 8053
Live just outside Vancouver BC Canada, and we get some snow over the winter, and some years none….this year we have been dumped on since Christmas, with another 6-8 inches overnight….

We walk our Akita every morning, down a logging road by a Saw Mill, and as we are out at 7am, the road isn’t plowed…..but not an issue for the Rogue, just put it in snow mode and off we go!

up and down hills, very deep in many sections, no drama whatsoever!

very, very impressed…

pic of the Mrs and dog to give you an idea of the snow depth….
That's great to hear. I've been wondering how it does.

I am in central Ohio and we are waiting for snow like this soon.

Are you on stock Hankook (or other sock) tires or snow tires?

I only use dedicated snow tires on my FWD Accord.

I use 3MPSF rated tires on all other cars.

My Rogue is the only vehicle I have with "all seasons" tires.

I am curious to see how I do going up the half mile long 10% grade to get to my subdivision.

My old 2004 MDX with the old FWD biased AWD and not SHAWD motored up fine with all seasons

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's great to hear. I've been wondering how it does.

I am in central Ohio and we are waiting for snow like this soon.

Are you on stock Hankook (or other sock) tires or snow tires?

I only use dedicated snow tires on my FWD Accord.

I use 3MPSF rated tires on all other cars.

My Rogue is the only vehicle I have with "all seasons" tires.

I am curious to see how I do going up the half mile long 10% grade to get to my subdivision.

My old 2004 MDX with the old FWD biased AWD and not SHAWD motored up fine with all seasons
Running the bone stock all-season Hancooks, with zero issues……good grip, with no problems accelerating or stopping…..I’m not sure of the grade, but we go up a seriously steep hill on our way to where we walk our dog, and it motors on fine…..

have had it in 6+ inches of fresh snow, unplowed, in snow mode and very impressed…..

now the snow has melted some, been rained on and now snowing again - and even in that, no problems!

now, I am absolutely not advocating all-seasons for “real” winter, and if I lived further North, with 4-5months of winter snow, I would be running all-weather 3 peaks at a minimum…..we generally only get a few weeks of snow here, just fine for all seasons!

3 other things I love, that I never had on my last vehicle:
  • remote start
  • heated seats
  • heated steering wheel

Yes!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Running the bone stock all-season Hancooks, with zero issues……good grip, with no problems accelerating or stopping…..I’m not sure of the grade, but we go up a seriously steep hill on our way to where we walk our dog, and it motors on fine…..

have had it in 6+ inches of fresh snow, unplowed, in snow mode and very impressed…..

now the snow has melted some, been rained on and now snowing again - and even in that, no problems!

now, I am absolutely not advocating all-seasons for “real” winter, and if I lived further North, with 4-5months of winter snow, I would be running all-weather 3 peaks at a minimum…..we generally only get a few weeks of snow here, just fine for all seasons!

3 other things I love, that I never had on my last vehicle:
  • remote start
  • heated seats
  • heated steering wheel

Yes!
Thanks for the info. That's great to hear with the stock tires which was my experience with my '04 MDX.

I went with the SV non premium so sadly, no heated wheel or seats (unnecessary with cloth). My daughter will have to adapt in college.

I first experienced a heated wheel on my leased '02 BMW X5 and it was incredible. I have it on my current Genesis and MDX.

I will have heated seats and wheel on my Maverick Lariat on order.

I had heated seats on an 85 Peugeot, about 25 years ago.

Heated seats were invented by GM in 1951 and first appeared on the 1966 DeVille

The heated steering was patented by a lawyer in 1962 and it expired undeveloped in 1982. AFAIK, BMW did the first heated wheel in the late '90s.

The first ABS appeared on the 1966 AWD Jensen FF that was developed from modified Lockheed airplane brakes. The '68 T Bird offered rear ABS and the'73 Imperial offered 4 wheel ABS. Few, if any, were ever sold like the '73/74 Oldsmobile dual front airbags.

More information than you bargained for but I'm a chatty Cathy like John Candy in Planes Trains and Automobiles

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. That's great to hear with the stock tires which was my experience with my '04 MDX.

I went with the SV non premium so sadly, no heated wheel or seats (unnecessary with cloth). My daughter will have to adapt in college.

I first experienced a heated wheel on my leased '02 BMW X5 and it was incredible. I have it on my current Genesis and MDX.

I will have heated seats and wheel on my Maverick Lariat on order.

I had heated seats on an 85 Peugeot, about 25 years ago.

Heated seats were invented by GM in 1951 and first appeared on the 1966 DeVille

The heated steering was patented by a lawyer in 1962 and it expired undeveloped in 1982. AFAIK, BMW did the first heated wheel in the late '90s.

The first ABS appeared on the 1966 AWD Jensen FF that was developed from modified Lockheed airplane brakes. The '68 T Bird offered rear ABS and the'73 Imperial offered 4 wheel ABS. Few, if any, were ever sold like the '73/74 Oldsmobile dual front airbags.

More information than you bargained for but I'm a chatty Cathy like John Candy in Planes Trains and Automobiles

TP&A is a classic, the “pillow” scene is one of the best!

……and I have cloth seats, as my pupper would kill leather seats….so I have an SV AWD, with pano roof and all the gizmos of the premium package, except the leather and heated rear seats……

Also, FWIW I love the motor and CVT, no issues with power whatsoever - just don’t get how every review says it needs more oomph, and how the cvt sucks…..then you watch a YouTube video about a Forester, with less HP and a cvt, yet they love it!

oh hum….

·
Registered
12 Posts
@Maddog1970 PTA is indeed a classic. “How bout those Bears”

I selected the rogue over the CRV because it simply drove better. The added features driver and passenger knee airbags and rear automatic braking (a Nissan invention I believe, Nissan also invented the rear camera in 1999 on the 2000 Infiniti Q 45 as well as lane departure warning in 2003 on a different infinity model) are bonus points. Drive wise, the only negative on the Nissan is the brake pedal is softer than I prefer. No problem braking but I like a firmer pedal at the early part of the travel which is preference.

I also drove the Hyundai Santa Cruz pick up truck in my evaluation of it and the Maverick and while I love the turbo Santa Cruz, I drove the nonturbo and it was very meh because of the engine. I had driven the turbo and it was blown away with the top-of-the-line model at about $42,000 and I found a dealer that had one in stock so later that day I went and drove it, with my title in hand for trade-in and after driving the nonturbo something didn’t quite seem right. I didn’t go through with the deal and I figured out on the way home that it was the engine that bothered me. It was at 36,000 and I decided to order a Maverick at that point we could also driven that same day top-of-the-line lariat luxury package for 34,000. Hopefully it arrives in March. But Hyundai at $36,000 also had yellow brown halogen headlights just like the CRV. While I can add Morimoto LED bulbs for about $200 a pair, seriously in 2022 for cars not to have LED headlights is almost a dealbreaker.

I’m very impressed with the rogue 4cyl and CVT. ZERO issues with power and same 0-60 as CRV and Rav 4 (non hybrid).
My 13 Accord has a CVT and passengers and 4 out of 5 drivers in my house have no clue it’s a CVT. Same for the Rogue. My Accord CVT was a little wonky in the first 15 to 20,000 miles and I changed the CVT fluid for Amsoil full synthetic CVT fluid and it has been perfect from 20,000 miles up to the current 70,000 miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts