Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2021 model with power tailgate

I was looking for my keys tonight, thought maybe they were in the vehicle, checked the doors and they were locked, checked the tailgate and the thing popped right open.. keys were nowhere near the car. Is it just my vehicle or can any power lift tailgate do that?

· Registered
3,827 Posts
No, if there was no key in your pocket then it shouldn't be doing that. There's an antenna at the tailgate that's supposed to interrogate the I-key before letting it pop. How exactly was the car locked? The electronics control all of that, and some aspects of the '21's are a departure from older stuff. So if there's a bug in the firmware, I'm sure the tech folks will want to know about it. I do know there's a bulletin for some other misbehavior involving the I-key, I'll check tomorrow to see if there's anything about the hatches. But in the meantime, the more detail you can provide about the circumstances, the better.

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pretty sure I used the buttons on the door handles to lock the vehicle and used the tailgate handle button thing to trigger the power lift. I'm going to try a few different things and will post back afterwards

· Registered
3,827 Posts
I'll take a look through the bulletins anyhow. There have been quite a few, which is par for a new design, but at least one recent one definitely involved I-key fob behavior. I'll post back if I learn anything applicable.

· Registered
3,827 Posts
Can't find anything like what you describe in the '21 bulletins, so if it happens again, please try to gather details. Particularly what means was used to lock the car (i.e., fob button, request button, auto-locking, etc) and the length of time between locking the car and discovering the hatch unlocked. I may also ask you to PM me your VIN for reference upstairs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.