Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son in law's AC Blower is completely non-functional. The compressor runs but there's no air flowing.

• The ventilation display works, including the fan speed indicator and buttons.
  • I tried different combinations of heat/vent settings....no joy
  • My SIL said that the front defrost was working, but it was not working when he brought it to me last night
  • No error/indicator lights
As I type this, I haven't checked fuses/relays. Once that's done, and assuming they check out, what are some known tendencies in this vehicle? My first thought was to look at the blower and resistor, but wanted to check with the collective wisdom in this group first.

Thanks for any advice!

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,728 Posts
You'll need to specify the type of AC system you have; is it manual or automatic climate control. The two systems are way different. First check the fuses. There are two 20A fuses in the fuse block. There is no external resistor for fan speed control; instead it uses a variable blower control module which I believe is built into the blower motor that may be bad.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
There is no external resistor for fan speed control; instead it uses a variable blower control module which I believe is built into the blower motor that may be bad.
The '18 Rogue Sport actually uses the identical HVAC to the gen2 Rogue, so it does have a discrete VBC for both the Auto and Manual versions. It's up high on the left side of the HVAC near the blower motor. The Auto version uses an upscale VBC with some built-in smartwork, the Manual uses a traditional "dumb" FET. Both versions control the motor from the ground side, as in most Nissan products.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts