Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Is there a way to limit the speed on a 2016 Frontier.
Too many ticket's?

Easiest way I know of is with the Accelerator Pedal.

Nissan might be able to limit the Maximum RPM's with a reprogram, but you'll need to get with the master tech. I daught Nissan will do it, unless it is approved by corporate, because of liability.

I've heard of tuner's that you can buy to remove the wide open throttle restriction, so it might be possible to restrict the throttle.

If it's for a young person that won't control their speed, maybe a used Air Cooled VW might be a good alternative, until they learn how to drive responsibly.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Maybe you can put a tin of Altoids under the gas pedal?

I guess it depends on how involved you want to go.

Perhaps you can put two 12 foot poles in the front stake pockets, and put a tarp between them, making a sail that will slow you down. (This may impact your gas mileage negatively).

Maybe a box of tic tacs under the accelerator. That way in a pinch, you can crush it, thereby removing your speed limiter.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Too many ticket's?

Easiest way I know of is with the Accelerator Pedal.
If it's for a young person that won't control their speed, maybe a used Air Cooled VW might be a good alternative, until they learn how to drive responsibly.
This is the reason I bought my teenager a 5 speed Jeep Wrangler for his first vehicle. That old Wrangler don't go fast, and the 5 speed manual makes it hard to text or do most anything other than drive for a young driver.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts