Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2016 Frontier SV 4WD, and the single CD is fine, as I frequently link my phone anyway, but my 15yo daughter does too, and the sound system is a bit tinny and weak. I don't really want to replace the radio head, as it is linked into everything in the truck.

I am thinking of upgrading the speakers in the doors of this king cab. Maybe even add some better speakers in the back somewhere.

One problem is that I am coming from a Lincoln MKX with a great sound system.

Any suggestions to give a bit more beef and base to this radio would be well appreciated...

·
Registered
344 Posts
I just purchased a 2016 Frontier SV 4WD, and the single CD is fine, as I frequently link my phone anyway, but my 15yo daughter does too, and the sound system is a bit tinny and weak. I don't really want to replace the radio head, as it is linked into everything in the truck.

I am thinking of upgrading the speakers in the doors of this king cab. Maybe even add some better speakers in the back somewhere.

One problem is that I am coming from a Lincoln MKX with a great sound system.

Any suggestions to give a bit more beef and base to this radio would be well appreciated...
Karl,

I've got a '13 KC and I had to adjust the bass down on mine. Mine might be different on CD, I don't know, as I only listen to the Radio Station's.

You've probly allready done this, but just in case; Have you gone into the menu to adjust the Amp, Bass, & Treble Volume? The OE System that came with mine is pretty good IMO, ie just standard AM, FM, XM. & CD. I'm pretty sure it won't compare with a Lincoln MKX though. Maybe mine sound's good to me cause I've only driven Pickup's since 1988 and VW's before that.

Hope you get it straightened out cause I know how much I like listening to music on the Radio.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Karl,

I've got a '13 KC and I had to adjust the bass down on mine. Mine might be different on CD, I don't know, as I only listen to the Radio Station's.

You've probly allready done this, but just in case; Have you gone into the menu to adjust the Amp, Bass, & Treble Volume? The OE System that came with mine is pretty good IMO, ie just standard AM, FM, XM. & CD. I'm pretty sure it won't compare with a Lincoln MKX though. Maybe mine sound's good to me cause I've only driven Pickup's since 1988 and VW's before that.

Hope you get it straightened out cause I know how much I like listening to music on the Radio.
Thanks BRubble,

I mostly listen to talk radio during the day, but my Ladyfriend is very into music, and of course, so is my 15yo daughter. When I do listen to music, I enjoy country and classical of all mixes, as well as old rock. All the music needs solid base. Not the radio so much.

I do not recall any amp on the menu. Perhaps my radio does not have one. I did try the treble and base, with weak results. I will check again however.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Karl,

There may be an issue with the Speaker connection's. I say this cause Mine has so much Bass that I had to adjust the bass way down on mine. Course that's a personal preference.

Mine is an SV 2wheel drive and didn't come with Tweeter's in the top of the dash.

Be sure to listen to all the speaker's includeing the Rear Half Door Speaker's to make sure that they are produceing sound.

Nissan may have set the SV 4wheel drive up different than mine, and also mine is a '13 compared to your's being a '17. Nissan may have made some change's, but still I wonder if all the Speaker connection's are connected.

It might be wise to let Nissan Service check it out, as hopefully it's still in Warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts