Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Nissan KingCab 4x4 V6 with about 19k miles. A few weeks ago I went to fill the truck with gas (had about 1/8 tankful). I set the nozzle to automatic fill as I always do and started filling. After a few seconds and maybe a gallon of gas, I heard the gas coming up the fill tube and it backwashed heavily, all over the side of the truck. I adjusted the nozzle in the fill and started filling manually, but even at the slowest rate I could manage, it kept backwashing. It took me about ten minutes to gradually nurse about six gallons into it before I gave up. Since that time, I have only managed to completely fill the tank once, and that was after nursing it manually all the way. Now it's back to six or eight gallons at best. It makes no difference what pump or station I use, or how empty or full the tank is. I'm going nuts. I drive about 300 miles a week, and this is a major pain.

·
Registered
344 Posts
It's under warranty, so take it to Nissan. I've heard that there is a service advisary for this, and have heard other's complain about this same problem.

Be sure to quickly wash the gas off the side of the truck, and anywhere else,, so that the Gas doesn't harm the paint and such.

I haven't had this problem so far with my '13 KC V6, but I also never use the auto fill. With the '93 Nissan Hardbody that I drove for 20 year's, I do remember that it wouldn't take the gas fast, so I learned to slowly fill it,, and do the same with the '13 Frontier. I do miss the simplicity of the '93, versus the extra EPA and Electronic's that goe's with the Newer Truck's. I expect it to only get worse and in 20 more year's, they'll probably be even more EPA and Electronic's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts