Nissan Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you for your advice and the forum comments n this site relative to my 2015 Nissan Rogue vibration concerns. I decided to wait for my vacation this week to try to work with my local Nissan service department. I will share with the service manager the information in this site. Keeping my fingers crossed something can be done because I still have the same problems since I bought this vehicle July of 2015.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased a 2016 Nissan Rogue and I noticed the vibration in the Steering wheel and I can also feel the vibration in the gas pedal when accelerating between 15 -20 mph and seems to go away when I take my foot off the gas. This car had 12 miles on it. I took it back to the dealer and they checked it and they also felt the vibration but could not tell me what was wrong or what they could do about it. Anyone else having similar problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just purchased a 2016 Nissan Rogue and I noticed the vibration in the Steering wheel and I can also feel the vibration in the gas pedal when accelerating between 15 -20 mph and seems to go away when I take my foot off the gas. This car had 12 miles on it. I took it back to the dealer and they checked it and they also felt the vibration but could not tell me what was wrong or what they could do about it. Anyone else having similar problem.
Nothing to worry about this is normal. To get better gas/mileage the CVT is setting the engine to the lowest RPM. You can engage the Overdrive button when you are in slow traffic, that will cause the engine RPM to go higher and vibration will go away.

·
Nissan Enthusiast
3,163 Posts
When I was at the dealer a few weeks ago, I checked out the new Rogue/Xtrail again. Noticed that if I tapped the steering wheel it seemed to have some movement to it. In fact, despite the looks it felt rather flimsy and I was surprised how thin it was. Could the vibrations somehow be linked to Nissan cheaping out here with the steering column and wheel. It just doesn't feel as robust and solid as the one in my 2006 X Trail. Sunroof appears to be the same size, but only half of it opens as compared to mine. My general impression is that they have seemingly upgraded the interior, but that the underlying mechanicals aren't as robust. I guess it stands to reason as the pricing is similar to what it was 10 years ago.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same problem

I have bought my 2015 Nissan Rouge on jan 1st. I have done bit of research before selecting rouge over cx5 and CRV and unfortunately i overlooked this issue. When i test drove the car, all was good and 3rd i found that i had a weird vibration on the accelerate pad and also little vibration on steering..i was confused and taken my car for service within a week and service guy told me that everything works as per the design. He suggested me to try again and incase if it is worse then asked me get it back..it was kind of ok for week but not 100% perfect and slowly started again...
These are my observations
1) Its not worse when the outside temperature is less than 50F or early in the morning.
2) It is worse in the evenings and when RPM between 2000 and 3000.
3) Steering wheel vibration when i accelerate otherwise kind of ok.

when i was searching or researching on this issue, one of the rouge owner suggested to use 89 octane gas. I am not sure whether this solves the problem but i am going to try next time and if its not working i will take it for service. I know after reading all the comments i have hope on dealer service but juz incase..plz let me know if any one of you had a solution for this issue or workaround. Its very hard to drive with this issue considering its a brand new vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have same problem with nissan rogue 2015
I feel vibration on gas paddle and bit on steering on the floor and seat..new rough bought ead of 2015..red car
Already in 3 tob4 time to dealer 2 days back they its normal for cvt..
I feel cheated not happy at all with new car..
I am almost 4000 mile ..
No one is helping.i hope we can do something about.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Me too!

I had the same thing! I have a 2014 Nissan Versa. I purchased the car used back in the summer when the weather was nice. The car ran like it was new for 6 months. In fact I was impressed with how smooth it ran considering that it had almost 40k miles on it. Six months later I went in for an oil change and the dealer told me that my tcm had to be reprogrammed. Immediately after the reprogram, while driving home from the dealer, my car started shaking and vibrating really bad. I noticed it would happen when stopped at the red light or when idle.

It was so bad that I could feel it in the steering wheel, in my leg, and in my seat (felt like a massage chair.lol) I could even see my phone shaking in the cup holder. However I noticed that when I put it in neutral the car would become completely still. As I said prior to this update I really had no issues with the car. In a panic, I contacted the dealer who said that it was not normal and to bring the car back in.

A few days later I went back to the dealer. They diagnosed it as a bad motor mount and fixed it. I picked up the car and it was alot smoother than before. However, I still noticed a lingering vibration in the steering wheel and in the brake area. It seemed to be aggravated when the temperatures dropped into the negative single digits.

Finally after about a week we got a day where the temps rose into the 40's and to my surprise I came out in the morning to go to work. I turned on my car and when I started her up she was so quiet I had to turn my radio off to see if she was running...lol. I drove the car around that day and it was like whatever was causing the vibrations just corrected itself. lol.

The temp has not dropped yet and she is running as great as the day I brought her. My thoughts are maybe having the motor mount replaced helped as the vibrations seemed to lesson after that. But the vibrations completely disapeared with the rising temps. So I think the vibrations in my case were somehow related to the freezing cold temps. I tried everything I could do to recreate the vibrations but so far I haven't been able to...lol

Also wanted to add that I drove a 2015 Nissan Altima (rental car). While the car did drive alot smoother than my car, I did notice at times that there was some small vibrations present when idling especially in the steering wheel. Though it was not as bad as what I was experiencing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, I have very similar problems. I just bought my 2016 Rogue yesterday and it has vibration issues, especially at low RPM's. I drive in sport mode just to avoid it. I'm planning on bringing it into the service department soon, but don't have high hopes for a quick resolution.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have similar problems

I just bought a brand new 2016 Rogue and it vibrates a lot, especially at low RPM's. I plan on bringing it in to the dealer.:(

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've bought a 2016 Nissan Rogue SV last weekend and also have the vibrations at low RPM's. It seems like it's bogging down the engine when at any cruising speed. RPM's are sitting just under 1,250 which is super low for any car. I think that may be the reason it's vibrating. Basically it's running too low RPM's for the gear it's choosing/choosing the wrong gear for the speed/rpm.

Has anyone taken their car to the dealership and got a response?

·
Registered
1 Posts
winniefer

I bought my Rouge AWD last September 2015. After 3 weeks I noticed that when I turned the engine there's a sound in front,it's like clacking noise. One day it was really loud so i recorded it and made an appointment with my dealer. When I went there,you can't really hear the sound so I let the mechanic hear what I recorded and he told me that it was a metal cooling down and he told me that it's what car company are making now..And I told him my old car doesn't have that sound and he said it's because it's a different car. He said it's normal.. Anyone has the same problem like this?....I also noticed now that the front seat vibrates...so i'm

·
Registered
2 Posts
Reply to vibration thread

I bought a 2010 Rogue used with 33K miles from a Kia Dealer and had the same type vibration. Sometimes at a light, or stop sign it would stall. I would have to shut down and re-start the car. At After several attempts (at 38K AND 50K,) to fix (under warranty I paid extra for), they told me I had to PAY for a throttle body clean out since it wasn't covered. It did seem to alleviate the vibration and so far no stalling, but RPM's drop when stopped. I have a 2005 Honda Pilot with 208000 miles and never needed a "clean out". Never again!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good day rogue owners,

Mine is 2016 nissan rogue, im having this noise or some kind of vibration under the foot well of the 2nd row seat, right side. My observation is that i think because of the low idle rpm. When i started the engine then warmed it up the noise or vibration occurs. But when turned on the AC, the noise will be gone, but when i shift to R or D, it will come back and when i put it to P or N it will be gone again, then when turned off the AC it will come back - the noise/vibration. The service advisor told me it is normal which is the engine or exhaust (hope so). And when i drove the car without AC i always hear it everytime i stopped regardless of the gears in place. Any thoughts? Im really concern re the safety because i always have my 4 year old daughter with me everytime i use the car. TIA

·
Registered
2 Posts
While I really like the rogue, the engine doesn't seem very smooth. At first I noticed a high frequency vibration, when at a light, if I touched the edge of the empty passenger seat. I took it in and some adjustments were made.

Now the above vibration is gone, but I can feel it in the passenger headrest.
Often I feel a vibration in the wheel when stopped. I can hear the motor while on most new cars I have owned te engine sound was it was barely perceptible.

Secondly, there is a high frequency vibration in the steering wheel at around 1300 rpm.

Is this normal with the Rogues.
I have the same issue with the 2016 Rogue SV AWD. Seems like Nissan has not learnt from the experience. Now Nissan is blatantly defining the Cabin Vibrations as a "Operating Characteristic" of the car!

·
Registered
3 Posts
2015 Nissan Rogue Vibration

cn2100 I replied to you in the other thread but wanted to post my findings here as well...

I am experiencing the same vibration that you described in your thread. The dealership and Nissan performed the TSB to increase the idle RPM but it did not resolve the issue. Currently, my case is with the BBB and I am awaiting a decision. The BBB sent a third party inspector and he verified the vibration that Nissan claimed was a characteristic. My first Rogue (2014) was bought back by Nissan after it rolled out of our garage while in park and had steering issues they could not fix. The 2015 that was the replacement now has a number of issues including vibration. Nissan is trying to claim this is a characteristic just like Honda did with the CRV. Honda also released an initial TSB to increase the idle RPM, same as Nissan. After the class action lawsuit with Honda, they were forced to release another TSB that included a number of expensive fixes. Nissan is not willing to own up to the problem as it will cost them a lot of money and potential MPG.

The issues I am experiencing with the 2015 include popping noises while steering (even after the TSB), vibration at idle, HVAC compressor stuck after turning defrost on then off in vent mode, driver seat moves/pops, squeaking brake pedal (even after brake booster replacement) and groaning noise from steering wheel.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought 2016 Rogue SV Premium with moonroof in Sep'2016 and started feeling the vibrations after driving it for few miles. Took it to dealer and they increased Idle RPM. It got little better but still it vibrates more than my 15 year old Minivan at Stop while in D. Also, I feel lot of vibration on steering wheel, accelerator in low RPM. Also buzzing sound in cabin. Took the car back to Dealer and surprisingly enough not until I read other customers experience, all three of their technicians concluded, its normal. Rather its a cover up. They all know deep inside their heart that this is an issue. But Nissan as well as Dealer under their guidance are advised to keep denying that there is any vibration and noise issue. Its such a shame, instead of enjoying the new car, have to deal with this issue. I bought new car because I was fed up of visiting garage every 2-3 months to get fixed something. Alas, after spending 28 grands, doing the same, albeit more frequently. Just can't believe in 2016, facing this kind of issue, irresponsible response from Nissan and its dealer. What a shame. Any new buyer, please decide to buy this car at your own risk to accept the vibration, noise and discomfort.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.