Nissan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2015 Nissan Rogue on June 5 with the same exact issues. Slight engine noise when on idle at a stop light or stop sign and front passenger seat vibration. I'm taking my vehicle for an inspection back at the dealership June 16. The Rogue I originally test drove didn't have this issue, but I opted for a different color vehicle and thought both would exactly be the same. But they were not. I wish I test drove my current vehicle before buying. Let me know how it goes with you. Also, how do I find that TSB for this issue?
I have the same issue. Now i wish i read these before

·
Registered
3 Posts
I get the same vibration between 1200 and 1500 rpm. Putting in in Sport mode helps but doesn't completely eliminate. It feels like a games controller with rumble. It irritates my hands and arms and now I am so focused on it it is infuriating. I get the same feeling but to a lesser extent with the accelerator pedal. This should be an easy software fix but the dealer says its normal and there is nothing they can do.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Rouge 2015 Vibration

I noticed the same as you described. There are some vibration at idle and some around 1100 1300 RPM.

I have brand new 2015 Rouge with ~350 miles.
I have the car for less than two weeks. The vibration as you described at any speed when accelerating. Just came from the dealership for this problem for the second time. I have a tech driving the car and he said he feels vibration and its probably the CVT. He asked me to wait and 20 minutes, later service advisor told me that this is typical for all Rouges and he wants me to come back after 2,500 miles on the car. He talk to Nissan and they think it will smooth out with more miles on the car, and if not then they will flash the ECU but Nissan is still working on the new software. My work order still says no problems noticed. Going back tomorrow to get all this in writing. I spend almost 28K and can't enjoy my new car, I just hate driving it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Vibration, Vibration

Hello, guys.

When the rotation speed goes aroung 2000 RPM, do you guys feel some weird feeling(like vibration) on the accelarate pad?
Yes, it all over the RPM range in my car, Rouge 2015 with 390 miles.
Dealer plays games with me. I have only verbal confirmation of the issue, the service advisor refuses to put in writing.

·
Nissan Enthusiast
3,163 Posts
And according to the dealer-- Nissan has never had a defective vehicle come off their assembly line, or at least they have never heard of it...
Stay on them.
Is steering wheel vibrating while driving or while idling at a stop?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Vibration

It shakes at a stop and while driving. Of the record dealer admits the problem, but wouldn't put on the work order in writing. Frustrating experience. Don't want to start with the lawyers.:eek:

·
Nissan Enthusiast
3,163 Posts
And the dealer wonders why, I am in no rush to trade in my 2006 X trail... On my end I wonder why--I would get rid of a vehicle with over 100,000 miles that is running perfectly without a hint of transmission issues, to change it for one that could prove to be far more problematic.
It occurs to me, that if this was a different manufacturers forum, the company would have somebody responding to you here and seeking to help you out. Nissan is rather lacking when it comes the way it relates to customers on line.
In your shoes, I would be inclined to disconnect the negative cable from your battery for about half an hour, and then reconnect. You will have to reset your entertainment unit settings, for radio presets, but what it should do is reset your ecu and tcu to their original specs. It will erase its ''learned'' behavior and start anew. Think reboot of your pc. You might also try changing brands of gas and using a different station than you usually use. Its what I would try, won't affect warranty or anything and you have nothing to lose. Good luck. Hope it smoothes out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Rouge Vibration

And the dealer wonders why, I am in no rush to trade in my 2006 X trail... On my end I wonder why--I would get rid of a vehicle with over 100,000 miles that is running perfectly without a hint of transmission issues, to change it for one that could prove to be far more problematic.
It occurs to me, that if this was a different manufacturers forum, the company would have somebody responding to you here and seeking to help you out. Nissan is rather lacking when it comes the way it relates to customers on line.
In your shoes, I would be inclined to disconnect the negative cable from your battery for about half an hour, and then reconnect. You will have to reset your entertainment unit settings, for radio presets, but what it should do is reset your ecu and tcu to their original specs. It will erase its ''learned'' behavior and start anew. Think reboot of your pc. You might also try changing brands of gas and using a different station than you usually use. Its what I would try, won't affect warranty or anything and you have nothing to lose. Good luck. Hope it smoothes out.
Thank you, I will try today and let you know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just now checking in with this forum since earlier this summer. I am still having the vibration issues -- ugh! Mileage is at about 2200 now.

I like almost everything else about this 2015 Rogue except for the vibration problems I previously mentioned. Now the vibration seems intermittent -- occurring more often than not, which is still extremely frustrating. I'm in stop and go traffic every time I drive. It's difficult to ignore my hands and fingers visually shaking as well as the vibration through my chest when the vehicle is idling at a light or stop sign. It's also hard to ignore the annoying noisy engine. In my opinion, a vehicle in this price range with the supposed positive reputation should not be giving us these problems.

Thank you for the information in this forum. I am going to share the with the Nissan service department at my local dealership.

Wondering if our problems aren't resolved if this could be a class action scenario?

·
Registered
11 Posts
vibration

Just now checking in with this forum since earlier this summer. I am still having the vibration issues -- ugh! Mileage is at about 2200 now.

I like almost everything else about this 2015 Rogue except for the vibration problems I previously mentioned. Now the vibration seems intermittent -- occurring more often than not, which is still extremely frustrating. I'm in stop and go traffic every time I drive. It's difficult to ignore my hands and fingers visually shaking as well as the vibration through my chest when the vehicle is idling at a light or stop sign. It's also hard to ignore the annoying noisy engine. In my opinion, a vehicle in this price range with the supposed positive reputation should not be giving us these problems.

Thank you for the information in this forum. I am going to share the with the Nissan service department at my local dealership.

Wondering if our problems aren't resolved if this could be a class action scenario?
Nope, I hope. Class action is when the lawyers get all the money.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm trying not to feel hopeless regarding this situation -- sad but true.

After I complained to Nissan North America after my first post months ago, I was immediately connected to the service manager at my local dealership. He went on a test drive with me, and he also noticed the problems I've noted here. He thinks it might be the plastic breather box, which he said is inferior in the newly designed, more fuel efficient vehicles. He said he wrapped insulation around the breather box. This "fix" lasted about a couple of days.

My thoughts regarding class action are that I want Nissan to fix this problem that it seems like many of us are having with our new (now aging) 2015 Rogues. It seems to me that Nissan engineering should already have a resolution by now. How hard can this be for auto engineers???

On the only positive note I can think of for now...I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with this issue.

: / --> : ]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Vibration, Vibration

I'm trying not to feel hopeless regarding this situation -- sad but true.

After I complained to Nissan North America after my first post months ago, I was immediately connected to the service manager at my local dealership. He went on a test drive with me, and he also noticed the problems I've noted here. He thinks it might be the plastic breather box, which he said is inferior in the newly designed, more fuel efficient vehicles. He said he wrapped insulation around the breather box. This "fix" lasted about a couple of days.

My thoughts regarding class action are that I want Nissan to fix this problem that it seems like many of us are having with our new (now aging) 2015 Rogues. It seems to me that Nissan engineering should already have a resolution by now. How hard can this be for auto engineers???

On the only positive note I can think of for now...I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with this issue.

: / --> : ]
Nissan Publications 10/10/15, 8:20 AM
http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/TSB/TSB_xml/nmIndex.aspx?tsbType=TSB Page 1 of 2
HOME
TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETINS
For this Market : North America
In this Language : English
For this Model : Rogue
For Model Year : 2015
With this Document Title :
Including Keywords : vibration
Enter the model name of the vehicle you are searching accessory installation instructions for and enter the
part number of the accessory you are attempting to install. If you do not know the part number, enter a key
word from the accessory description. If the instructions you are seeking are not listed, delete the part
number and key words and review the full listing for the model you selected.
Subject: SB 2013-2015 Altima & 2014-2016 Rogue; Enhanced Diagnostic Logic for CVT
Jud
Summary of NTB15083:
IF YOU CONFIRM: The customer reports a transmission judder (shake, shudder, single or multiple
bumps or vibration). NOTE: A new diagnostic logic has been established to enhance the diagnostic
process by storing diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) on applied vehicles. These new DTC’s are: P17F1
(CVT_JUDDER (C/U INSPECTION)) P17F0 (CVT_JUDDER (T/M INSPECTION)) ACTION: 1. Refer to
step 6 and TABLE A on page 4 in the SERVICE PROCEDURE to confirm this bulletin applies to the
vehicle you areworking on. 2. If this bulletin applies, reprogram the TCM (Transmission Control
Module). Please see this bulletin for further details.
Subject: SB 2013-2015 Altima And 2014-2016 Rogue; CVT Judder & DTC P17F0 And/Or
P17F1
Summary of NTB15084:
IF YOU CONFIRM: The customer reports a transmission judder (shake, shudder, single or multiple
bumps or vibration), AND One of the following DTCs are stored in the TCM: - P17F0 (CVT_JUDDER
(T/M INSPECTION)) - P17F1 (CVT_JUDDER (C/U INSPECTION)) NOTE: - If a transmission judder (as
described above) is NOT reported by the customer, this bulletin does not apply. - If DTC P17F0 or
P17F1 was NOT found stored, this bulletin does not apply. - NTB15-083, Enhanced Diagnostic Logic
For CVT Judder, has reprogramming instructions that may apply. ACTIONS: Perform the SERVICE
PROCEDURE, starting on page 3. - Review the Repair Flow Chart on page 2. NOTE: Essential Tool
Tech Cam (borescope) J-51951 has been sent to dealers. This tool’s attachments make CVT
inspection possible. See this bulletin for further detail.
Subject: SB 2014-2015 Rogue; Vibration in Steering Wheel or Passenger Front Seat
Summary of NTB15048:
IF YOU CONFIRM Vibration, booming or drone is present while stopped, at idle and transmission is in
Drive: * From the steering wheel with the A/C ON. Or * From the front passenger seat with the A/C
OFF. And * The level of vibration is greater than a known good vehicle. ACTION Refer to the Flow
Chart on page 2 to confirm if this bulletin applies. Please see this bulletin for further details.
Subject: SB Nissan; Vibration and/or Noise When Making Low Speed Turns
Summary of NTB10029:
IF YOU CONFIRM There is a vibration or judder feeling from the rear of the vehicle; * when making
turns * on dry roads * at low speeds (under 40 MPH) And * The above vibration does not occur if the
Nissan Publications 10/10/15, 8:20 AM
http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/TSB/TSB_xml/nmIndex.aspx?tsbType=TSB Page 2 of 2
Electric Controlled Coupling is electrically disconnected. NOTE: In some cases, electrically
disconnecting the Electric Controlled Coupling may not eliminate the vibration as described above. In
these cases, further confirm the incident by removing the rear propeller shaft and retest. If the
vibration does not occur with the rear propeller shaft removed, the incident is confirmed. ACTION
Replace the Electric Controlled Coupling for the rear final drive. * DO NOT replace the entire Rear
Final Drive assemblyfor this incident, if itshould occur. See this bulletin for further detail.
Previous 1 Next

·
Registered
3 Posts
Went to the dealership again and they drove the car with me. Basically the same story about how this is normal. I mentioned the TSB and they said that it wouldn't help as there is nothing wrong with the vehicle. He said the vibration doesnt bother him and he probably would never have noticed it. I am swapping cars with my wife to see if she notices anything. If she likes it she can keep it cos I am not enjoying driving this car. From now on when I purchase a car I wont buy anything other than 6 speed automatic. These new fuel efficient transmissions, CVT and 9 Speed, each have their problems.

What I do find weird is there is very little talk of the Rogue Vibration on various websites but the CRV vibrations are widely discussed. I avoided the CRV because I saw all that was written up. I never saw any discussions of the Rogue vibrations....weird.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Vibration, Vibration

Went to the dealership again and they drove the car with me. Basically the same story about how this is normal. I mentioned the TSB and they said that it wouldn't help as there is nothing wrong with the vehicle. He said the vibration doesnt bother him and he probably would never have noticed it. I am swapping cars with my wife to see if she notices anything. If she likes it she can keep it cos I am not enjoying driving this car. From now on when I purchase a car I wont buy anything other than 6 speed automatic. These new fuel efficient transmissions, CVT and 9 Speed, each have their problems.

What I do find weird is there is very little talk of the Rogue Vibration on various websites but the CRV vibrations are widely discussed. I avoided the CRV because I saw all that was written up. I never saw any discussions of the Rogue vibrations....weird.
Hello guys,
I am really pissed at the situation and, by the way many of the reviewers mention the vibration issue look it up on Google. I intend to fight this with Nissan all the way to court. Hate when people lie to me. They better find solution ASAP. Lemon law lawyers working free for you, Nissan pays their fees. The only solution for me now is to drive in sport mode as the vibration is not as bad at 1700 RPM. The other way is put the overdrive button on off position but you will pay more at the pump.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Vibration

It is a definite problems and looks exactly what Honda CR-V has. Just posted a law suite against Honda CRV. We Rouge owners keep quiet then the issue will be never resolved. I checked a numbers of cars at the dealers and all of them having vibration issue. Don't let Nissan get away with this. Please voice your problems across internet to be noticed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am currently considering buying a new 2015 Rogue SL AWD, should I check for vibration first or hold off altogether? Is this a manufacturing defect that affects all cars or only some?
I have new 2015 Rogue SL AWD and don't have vibration issues. I would recommend you going for a test drive and feel the car your self.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.