Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I really like the rogue, the engine doesn't seem very smooth. At first I noticed a high frequency vibration, when at a light, if I touched the edge of the empty passenger seat. I took it in and some adjustments were made.

Now the above vibration is gone, but I can feel it in the passenger headrest.
Often I feel a vibration in the wheel when stopped. I can hear the motor while on most new cars I have owned te engine sound was it was barely perceptible.

Secondly, there is a high frequency vibration in the steering wheel at around 1300 rpm.

Is this normal with the Rogues.

·
Registered
13 Posts
While I really like the rogue, the engine doesn't seem very smooth. At first I noticed a high frequency vibration, when at a light, if I touched the edge of the empty passenger seat. I took it in and some adjustments were made.

Now the above vibration is gone, but I can feel it in the passenger headrest.
Often I feel a vibration in the wheel when stopped. I can hear the motor while on most new cars I have owned te engine sound was it was barely perceptible.

Secondly, there is a high frequency vibration in the steering wheel at around 1300 rpm.

Is this normal with the Rogues.
I noticed the same as you described. There are some vibration at idle and some around 1100 1300 RPM.

I have brand new 2015 Rouge with ~350 miles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nissan has released a TSB to address this particular vibration issue. If the front passenger seat vibrates at idle when a/c is off -OR- if the steering wheel vibrates when a/c is on then, this TSB should fix that problem. It effects both 2014 and 2015 Nissan Rogue models. Take your car to your dealer for inspection. Good luck!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2015 Nissan Rogue on June 5 with the same exact issues. Slight engine noise when on idle at a stop light or stop sign and front passenger seat vibration. I'm taking my vehicle for an inspection back at the dealership June 16. The Rogue I originally test drove didn't have this issue, but I opted for a different color vehicle and thought both would exactly be the same. But they were not. I wish I test drove my current vehicle before buying. Let me know how it goes with you. Also, how do I find that TSB for this issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any update?

Hi - Did you take it for the inspection and what did they do it fix it? I have the same issue on my 2015 Rogue SV bought on 13th June. Got an appointment for inspection this Friday
Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you. Yep, that TSB solved my issue. Dealer serviced and fixed it.

Hi. I too am having this issues with a brand new 2015 Rogue with 300 miles on it. We noticed it at first, but thought it was normal for this car until I read this post. Do you what the TSB entails? I am curious if it is just a software update, or something physical that they have to do.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi. I too am having this issues with a brand new 2015 Rogue with 300 miles on it. We noticed it at first, but thought it was normal for this car until I read this post. Do you what the TSB entails? I am curious if it is just a software update, or something physical that they have to do.
This TSB is about increasing idle speed by 70 rpm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This TSB is about increasing idle speed by 70 rpm.
The TSB is NTB15-048. I am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED in my brand new 2015 Nissan Rogue. I noticed the vibration while sitting at a traffic light within one week of purchasing this vehicle. I initially thought the 95+ degree afternoon temperature in southwest Florida was relative to the A/C struggling to cool the cabin. I bought my Rouge on 7/14/2015. I took it to the local Nissan dealership (where I purchased it) the next Tuesday on 7/21/2015. The service advisor also noticed the vibration and noted that it was more prominent when in gear -- either drive or reverse. The mechanic performed the 27-point vehicle inspection as well as the previously mentioned technical bulletin. I hoped that this "fixed" the vibration, but the VIBRATION IS EVEN MORE NOTICEABLE AND ANNOYING! When I am stopped (for whatever reason) and the vehicle is in drive or reverse, I can hear what seems like a struggling A/C or engine -- very concerning! I can also feel the vibration in the driver seat. It's like a strong, buzzing feeling up through my abdomen and chest and through my arm (that is either on the arm rest or near the driver-side window). I again visited the same dealership yesterday on 7/28/2015. The same service advisor said there is nothing more that they can do. I asked for the Nissan consumer affairs/complaint number 800-647-7261, which I called yesterday. Today I've been playing telephone tag with Consumer Affairs representative. I CANNOT believe there is NOTHING else that Nissan can do to resolve this EXTREMELY ANNOYING AND SAFETY CONCERNING ISSUE!!! At this point, I should be in love with my brand new vehicle and promoting it to anyone who will listen. After spending the last couple of years researching and shopping for a reputable, highly rated SUV, I chose to purchase this Nissan because of my previous experience with my most recent Nissan and the local dealership. If anyone knows how to realistically resolve this problem, I am interested in your response. Many thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
The engine is still breaking in. Give it 1000 miles and it will smooth it self out. I also felt some vibration at the beginning but not like you are describing. Now the my car has about 1600 miles and the engine feels much smoother even tough I didn't bother do to the TSB.

·
Registered
2 Posts
In central Illinois and I'm having same issues - both vibration and AC. AC has randomly shutoff twice while running and only cools using inside cabin air. Vibration issue as well. It's at the dealer now.

Does the TSB really fix either issues? I love the vehicle size, visibility, etc.

I have the front wheel drive, are these issues with the AWD?

·
Registered
13 Posts
TSB should cover either issue. The vibrations are caused by low RPM settings while engine is idle in order to improve MPG. The 2015 Honda CRV is much worse. You can Google about it. Nissan seams to do much better job dumping engine vibrations even tough occasionally you may feel some vibration.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for info but the TSB didn't fix vibration. For a 26k vehicle, I expect more. I will be taking it back again to address.

Also the AC takes 10-15 seconds to turn on and then doesn't cool unless inside air is used.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.