Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My black 2015 rogue started to have paint "peeling off" on rear spoiler about 2 years after purchase. It was not typical peeling off. The paint granulated and looks like goose bumps. It was at very limited area at the first year and I didn't even think of it a big issue. However the abnormal paint was spreading and now almost covers the whole panel of rear spoiler. Today at my workplace, I surprisingly saw a same car passing by with the same paint pattern at rear.

I sent an email to Nissan customer affairs to see whether they have any settlement for this. Meanwhile I am posting here to see if any of you has similar experience with your Nissan too.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,639 Posts
This type of paint condition typically occurs during a DIY paint application, or when the original factory paint job wasn’t done correctly. If you own a vehicle manufactured in the late 1980s to mid-1990s, Chrysler, Ford and General Motors (GM) all experienced production-related issues that caused their vehicles to prematurely experience paint delamination. Improperly prepared body panel surfaces can compromise adhesion, starting with the primer layer.

Many times it's caused by prolonged exposure to the sun. To prevent it, protect your car from the elements with a good layer of wax and have any finish damage repaired right away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts