Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read of problems for trucks with autotrannies where the tranny cooling lines that run through the radiator burst and contaminate the engine cooling lines, and vice versa. Seems to happen most often between 60,000 - 70,000 miles.

If you have a manual drive, does the radiator have any cooling lines for the clutch fluid? I wouldn't think so, but I want to make sure.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I've read of problems for trucks with autotrannies where the tranny cooling lines that run through the radiator burst and contaminate the engine cooling lines, and vice versa. Seems to happen most often between 60,000 - 70,000 miles.

If you have a manual drive, does the radiator have any cooling lines for the clutch fluid? I wouldn't think so, but I want to make sure.

Thanks in advance.
Fred,

I've not read of any recurring radiator problem's like with the '05-'10 V6 Frontier with AT's, and that was only with the V6 At's in the above year's.

Just FYI, The recurring problem with the V6 AT's, can be easily fixed with a New Radiator. The radiator's in those year's were defective.

Good Luck

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
9,709 Posts
The manual trans radiator does not have a cooler in it (other than for the engine coolant, obviously).

·
Registered
15 Posts
No contact between the manual transmission or anything inside or outside of it, and the radiator. As states above.
Also, that problem has been remedied and fully engineered out of the vehicle since 2010-11; also as stated above stated. This will not occur on a 2015, even with an auto trans.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts