Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a garage incident with the passenger side mirror. It appears to only be body damage. Mirror is intact, motor still works. When I called Nissan they said I would need to replace the whole piece (frame, glass, arm, etc), $300+. While browsing other parts sites, I found a mirror "cover" or mirror "cap", $20.

Anyone have experience replacing a mirror "cover/cap"?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have no experience with the above, but I have good experience with rockauto. If you end up replacing check the price there. I'm confident you will find a competitive price. Nice dog!

·
Registered
549 Posts
The skull caps can definitely be replaced independently on most models, but chances are it's an unpainted part and will have to be shot by a paint shop to match your color. Go to NissanPartsDeal.com and enter your VIN number, they have the same diagrams as Nissan EPC and you can identify the specific part number you need.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,272 Posts
The skull caps can definitely be replaced independently on most models, but chances are it's an unpainted part and will have to be shot by a paint shop to match your color. Go to NissanPartsDeal.com and enter your VIN number, they have the same diagrams as Nissan EPC and you can identify the specific part number you need.
Is this it ?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Yep, that should be it. I see they only show one p/n for each side, so it will definitely be unpainted, probably black.

·
Registered
Nissan Qashqai
1 Posts
I also recently encountered such a search. I punched the Vin number of my car and ordered the necessary part. On rockauto unfortunately I had a bad experience

1 - 7 of 7 Posts