Nissan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

Whenever i touch the touch screen of my navigation system, it freezes. Because of this i can't use the navigation function or even update the clock (due to daylight savings).

I have to use the buttons on the steering wheel to use the radio/sirius.

Is there any cheap fix for this?

thank you!!

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
On a '14 you may have an early "buggy" version of the firmware. The '14's were the first to use Bosch navis, and Bosch went through a large number of bug fixes before getting them right. To find out the version you have, with the audio turned off, press and hold the Apps button and then twist the tuner dial rapidly back-and-forth several times. You'll get a service menu with an option to display your current version. It should be D407 or higher. If it's below 407 or a letter below D, you have dinosaur-ware that can be reprogrammed by the dealer. The repro only takes about 40 minutes, so it isn't terribly expensive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On a '14 you may have an early "buggy" version of the firmware. The '14's were the first to use Bosch navis, and Bosch went through a large number of bug fixes before getting them right. To find out the version you have, with the audio turned off, press and hold the Apps button and then twist the tuner dial rapidly back-and-forth several times. You'll get a service menu with an option to display your current version. It should be D407 or higher. If it's below 407 or a letter below D, you have dinosaur-ware that can be reprogrammed by the dealer. The repro only takes about 40 minutes, so it isn't terribly expensive.
thank you. Unfortunately, I just tried this and didn't get any service menu. If you need to use the touchscreen for that, i can't because every time i touch it it freezes. I'm so aggravated.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
No, you shouldn't need the touch screen, it's the "Apps" hard button and the tuner knob. Make sure the audio is turned off, that will prevent the service menu from coming up. Some of them can be finicky, you might need to do it several times or cycle the ignition before doing it. Here's a link to the bulletin so you can see what the screens look like:

Nissan Connect Navigation System Software Update (nhtsa.gov)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts