Nissan Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hmm. Interesting; the FSM only seems to discuss failsafe. However I generally don't look at TSB's unless there's some un-explained gremlin.
P0101's in general can be a gremlin from hell. ;)

When they show up on anything '13 up, the first place to look is TSB's, because half the time there's an ECM repro that fixes it. I dunno if it's Nissan or Hitachi messing up, but they seem to cut the A/F sensor map in the ECM very close in a lot of the newer stuff. The ECM doesn't know the spec is flawed and blames the MAF. Sometimes it doesn't happen for 30K, 50K, even 80K miles until both the MAF and A/F age a little bit. But since the underlying problem is in the A/F map, of course a new MAF won't cure it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I replaced the MAF sensor with a factory part. Cleared codes, although they show in background as permanent. No change in performance. I guess it's time to get it to Nissan.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello from Las Vegas

Helping a friend with a 2013 Pathfinder 3.5 that simply cannot make any power in gear. Holding pedal to the floor it would be a stretch to make 20 MPH. At idle in park it surges a lot but doesn't stall. Scanned for codes and found P0300 for random misfire and P0101 for MAF sensor/circuit. Owner claims the sensor is new. If in park and idling the MAF is disconnected, the idle smooths out and no more surging. That leads me to believe the circuit is intact. Also, if I clear the code with scanner at idle in park, it smooths out with MAF sensor connected. It will stay smooth until put into gear and a load on engine. As I mentioned above. WOT throttle yields almost a total cutoff from engine, however if I lightly apply throttle, I can accelerate more. But to be clear, partial throttle request still has reduced engine output. As far as the misfire goes, I cannot feel/hear/experience it at all. When in neutral, the engine will tach up. I am not a Nissan guy so cannot attest to whether it tachs up normally or seems to be reduced power as well. I don't feel this is transmission related even though neutral seems to produce more RPM, as it still surges in neutral or park at idle. Seems to be "load" related.

I rebuild GM 2.4 direct injection engines here in Las Vegas so I am not afraid to repair this vehicle, but was hoping for some hints on how to proceed. My scanner is a Bosch tablet that is fully updated and can program, however the Nissan computer has several different "routes" to info vs the GM libraries I am used to. For example I have not found the data stream that looks at a misfire graph by cylinder. I was hoping to take that random misfire code and narrow it down. Anyway any advice is helpful. Or ideas on where to diagnose next or what other info you Nissan peeps need to assist me.

2013 Pathfinder S
84,500 miles on odometer, owner says engine was replaced couple years ago. Above issue is a new development.
Hi not sure if this helps but I had a 2009
nissanpathfinder would not accellerate had to get a new dpf and also one of my vacum hoses came off seemed to fix the problem

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well the car is at Nissan dealership. The claim is that the throttle body is dirty. They want a mere $1050 to clean it. 😂

Also say the CRT transmission is out. Only $3800 but service manager will try and get Nissan to repair under a "good will" policy. Nissan already repaired the CRT about 18 months ago

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,413 Posts
Well the car is at Nissan dealership. The claim is that the throttle body is dirty. They want a mere $1050 to clean it. 😂

Also say the CRT transmission is out. Only $3800 but service manager will try and get Nissan to repair under a "good will" policy. Nissan already repaired the CRT about 18 months ago
You mean the CVT. Did the dealership reveal any codes related to the CVT or was just hearsay on their part? It would be a tragedy if the dealer replaced the CVT and the problem would still be there at a major cost to the owner.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts