Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning!

I've been having issues with my power lift gate for a while now. In Power mode, it may open after the car has been on for a while and running, but it won't close. If I try it in Power mode any other time, it won't work at all.

It opens and closes just fine in manual mode, and I've tried the "manual reset" steps recommended on other forums. Te reset worked for maybe a day or 3, then the issues popped up again. I've tried the manual reset since then and now it doesn't work. I checked my battery and alternator and they're fine, so it's not a power issue.

Does anyone know what might be causing this? And how to fix it (and how expensive that might be?)

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
You really need to see what codes are in the ABD Controller. The ABD is on the CANbus but only a very high end shop scanner can generally talk to it. There are any number of issues that can cause intermittent problems, the two most likely are a bad encoder in one of the spindles or a bad half-latch switch inside the lock mechanism.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You really need to see what codes are in the ABD Controller. The ABD is on the CANbus but only a very high end shop scanner can generally talk to it. There are any number of issues that can cause intermittent problems, the two most likely are a bad encoder in one of the spindles or a bad half-latch switch inside the lock mechanism.
Thank you! I will have my mechanic check it, then. I need to take it in for something else as well so it will be perfect timing to get the ABD codes as well.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
You're most welcome, let us know how it goes. One thing I should warn you about, there's a "service file" for the spindles on the '13's. The parts are obsoleted, so to fix a spindle issue requires converting the car to '14-up spindles, spindle mounts, and ABD Controller. Since that's very expensive, your best out if the controller or both spindles are bad is to raid a '14~'16 in the junkyard for the entire setup. I do have one good '13 spindle in my garage which I'll sell if it turns out you need one. PM me if that's the case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts