Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

So I am trying to figure out an issue on a 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5L.

The problem is that, whenever I refill the fuel tank to max, and drive the car around for sometime, and park while waiting inside the car while the engine is running, after sometime, I start driving again, the Engine Light and Electric Stability Control Light both appear at the same time, and the car will not go beyond Approx. 35 Miles no matter how hard I press the gas paddle, I have to stop somewhere, turn the engine off and start it again and the car will run normally.
From here, I have noticed that it wont happen until I refill the fuel tank to max and repeat the above scenario. it happens rarely without these conditions.

I tried to connect an OBDII reader to see the trouble codes when the Engine And ESC lights turns on got. and this is what I am getting:
C1130-00
Type
: Chassis
ECU: Antilock Brake System
Description: ENGINE_SIGNAL_1

These Codes used to appear before along with the above C1130-00 before I cleared them:
1- C119A-00 - VACUUM SEN VOLT
2- C1116-00 - STOP_LAMP_SW
3- B2729-14 - Manufacturer Defined
4- B272C-14 - Manufacturer Defined

But I don't see any of them now except the C1130-00 I mentioned first.

Any idea what to look for or what could be the issue? Trying to find the issue before taking it to a mechanic, or even better, if I could repair it myself if it's simple.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Posting a screenshot from FSM related to C1130, that suggests “>> Replace ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit). Refer to BRC-123, "Removal and Installation".

And this is the procedure for removal and installation:
Please note: I am not suggesting you doing any of this. I’m not a mechanic. Posting the FSM for your information only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
836 Posts
C1130 is always a "derivative" code from something else wrong in the Engine. It's simply the ABS saying "I can't hear the RPM signal from the ECM." If it was a problem with the CAN driver in the ABS you'd be seeing U1000 codes along with it. Since there are none, there's nothing wrong with your ABS, your scanner is missing something that's going on in the ECM and other systems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts