Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My 2012 Sentra fuel door is bent and will not close properly. If I can get it closed it usually will not always "pop" open when I pull the release. Not fun I need gas and no one there to pry open with a screwdriver. Dealer told me it would NOT be covered under my extended warranty and would cost about $250 to repair- new door, paint and installation. Any instructions ow how to disassemble and install a new door anywhere? What paint is used silver? Please post... thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello,
Unfortunately, I have not. Dealer will not cover it because it is bent. Funny how one time a tech mentioned something about my fuel door but the service rep kinda brushed under the carpet. I guess I should look through my paperwork. One day I HAD to literally pry it open with a screwdriver. Now, I just drive around with a screwed up door that won't always open/close. Sigh.. You can find a replacement door cheap online but have to get it painted and installing it. Sigh

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got lucky found a used silver door on eBay for $30. Two torx head screws and the "new" one was installed. Easy!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Look around eBay or local junkyards. I waited months to find a decently priced used on on eBay. The only thing I had to change out was the attached gas cap on the door I bought. If it comes with a cap just test fit to see if the threads match. If not,carefully, pry out the mounting tab with a flat screwdriver and swap out. Good luck! I SO wanted to give the service rep at my dealership an earful today- you wanted $300 to fix this?! grrrr

·
Registered
6 Posts
bending?

my mechanic bent it back in to shape but believe it or not it was only a very temporary fix! strange. i have to bang the hinge area of the thing every time i pump gas, after i pull the lever to open.:|

1 - 8 of 8 Posts