Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Nissan Pathfinder that is stalling and shutting off while driving or in an idle position. I got a code of P0334 and had the camshaft replaced. It worked fine the day of being fixed and the day after. But today it stalled while idling and I restarted it and it cut off again. I was able to crank it and make it home but then it stalled as I was pulling in my driveway. I crunk it again and it stalled again as I pulled further in my driveway. I am not sure what the issue is again. Any ideas of what could be wrong.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
10,473 Posts
I have a 2012 Nissan Pathfinder that is stalling and shutting off while driving or in an idle position. I got a code of P0334 and had the camshaft replaced. It worked fine the day of being fixed and the day after. But today it stalled while idling and I restarted it and it cut off again. I was able to crank it and make it home but then it stalled as I was pulling in my driveway. I crunk it again and it stalled again as I pulled further in my driveway. I am not sure what the issue is again. Any ideas of what could be wrong.
You had the "camshaft" replaced...or do you mean "camshaft position sensor?" A faulty crank position sensor or one of the two, camshaft position sensors could very well lead to stalling and on these vehicles, they don't always necessarily trigger a code. A weak fuel pump could also cause stalling, among other things. Are you sure it's code "P0334?" That's a code for the knock sensor and it's circuit. A faulty knock sensor won't cause stalling, but it could get triggered by a stalling condition. If you do replace cam or crank position sensors, make sure you stick with genuine Nissan, Hitachi, Denso or NTK; I wouldn't trust any other brand, personally. Quality of some aftermarket sensors have been poor, especially cheap, Chinese sensors on Ebay. If it's not an ignition issue, I would check the fuel pressure, which should be 51 PSI.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You had the "camshaft" replaced...or do you mean "camshaft position sensor?" A faulty crank position sensor or one of the two, camshaft position sensors could very well lead to stalling and on these vehicles, they don't always necessarily trigger a code. A weak fuel pump could also cause stalling, among other things. Are you sure it's code "P0334?" That's a code for the knock sensor and it's circuit. A faulty knock sensor won't cause stalling, but it could get triggered by a stalling condition. If you do replace cam or crank position sensors, make sure you stick with genuine Nissan, Hitachi, Denso or NTK; I wouldn't trust any other brand, personally. Quality of some aftermarket sensors have been poor, especially cheap, Chinese sensors on Ebay. If it's not an ignition issue, I would check the fuel pressure, which should be 51 PSI.
Thank you for replying and yes I had the camshaft position sensor replaced. It was a part I bought from O'Reily part store . I do apologize for giving the wrong code it was( P0335) and it also stated the Engine speed sensor circuit failure. I'm not sure if my vehicle has a crankshaft position sensor as well not sure if the camshaft position sensor is the same as the crankshaft sensor. I will try some of the suggestions you gave. Thank you

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
10,473 Posts
Thank you for replying and yes I had the camshaft position sensor replaced. It was a part I bought from O'Reily part store . I do apologize for giving the wrong code it was( P0335) and it also stated the Engine speed sensor circuit failure. I'm not sure if my vehicle has a crankshaft position sensor as well not sure if the camshaft position sensor is the same as the crankshaft sensor. I will try some of the suggestions you gave. Thank you
You have two camshaft position sensors, different part numbers, one on the back of each cylinder head. You have one crankshaft position sensor; to find it or replace it, remove the passenger front wheel and the wheel well liner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts