Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a 2012 Nissan Armada. Condenser & compressor are about 7 months old. Just changed cabin filters two weeks ago. AC flow was much better, but as of two days ago, it is blowing hot air. I went to mechanic, he put gauges on and said I was low on Freon. I bought the UV dye and Freon and dye didn't reveal leak. However, after he added Freon and I started driving, I heard a loud sound as if someone was letting air out of tires and the air went hot again. I went back and he said condenser fan is showing it is receiving no power. I've done some research and bought a condenser fan relay from parts store today. Does anyone have suggestions or any similar experiences or fixes?

· Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
8,651 Posts
The loud sound you heard was probably a refrigerant hose that burst open. The mechanic may have added an excessive amount of refrigerant causing extreme pressures on the high side of the system. The refrigerant system is protected against excessively high or low pressures by the refrigerant pressure sensor, located on the condenser. The system is also protected by a pressure relief valve, located in the rear head of the compressor. The mechanic referring to the "condenser fan is showing it is receiving no power", probably is referring to the refrigerant pressure sensor getting signal/power to and from the ECU. You may have a bad refrigerant pressure sensor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.