Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Uh oh, P0101 again. It's a performance code and probably not a bad MAF. There's a bulletin for an ECM reprogram, NTB12-051:
The C1163 means your Steering Angle Sensor (SAS) lost its memory and needs to be relcalibrated.
The C1140 might be more serious, it's for the built-in Actuator Relay inside the ABS Controller. It can be caused by a low battery, so see if it will erase and if it comes back.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
You can recalibrate the SAS and clear the C1140 yourself with an ABS-capable scanner, but the ECM repro is a dealer job. Since your ECM apparently has an Xterra VIN recorded in it, you probably want to have them check that while they're doing the repro. It will only take them a few minutes to correct it if it's wrong.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I have a 2010 model and this started two days ago for me. I can kill the engine and restart it and the lights are off. When I put it in gear and start moving everything is okay until I reach a speed of 15 mph then the lights pop on again. I checked it for codes and there is none. I've checked the brake fluid level and it's full as I have read that could cause the lights to come on. I'm going to check my battery connections in the morning since I did replace my battery and the fusible links on positive post 2 months ago.
Is your scanner capable of reading the ABS and ABS-related systems like the AWD? The fact that the lights pop on at a certain speed tends toward a wheel or drivetrain problem, and there's pretty much nothing which can cause those lights without a DTC being thrown somewhere in the vehicle. Chances are your scanner just isn't seeing it.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
That's bad news. Basically one of the ABS internal relays is sticking and disabling the Cut Valves (CV1/CV2) that disconnect the Master Cylinder from the ABS to allow the ABS to work. C1140 by itself is a "low voltage" code, but there aren't really any power or ground conditions that could cause C1164/C1165 without also causing C1166/C1167 for the paired SV's (Shut Valves). That means the CV relay itself is the problem, so I'm afraid you have a bad ABS Unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts