Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Yes, and the console, front seats, and the steering crossmember. Also the cowl, there's a steering crossmember bolt underneath the wiper motor. You take the HVAC and crossmember out as one piece, then unbolt the HVAC from it. I don't know about the aftermarket, but Nissan only sells the heater core separately, not the evap. To get the evap you need to replace the entire HVAC unit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, and the console, front seats, and the steering crossmember. Also the cowl, there's a steering crossmember bolt underneath the wiper motor. You take the HVAC and crossmember out as one piece, then unbolt the HVAC from it. I don't know about the aftermarket, but Nissan only sells the heater core separately, not the evap. To get the evap you need to replace the entire HVAC unit.
thanks for the information

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
thanks you have to almost dismantle the whole dash the dealer want $3400 probably come out better buying another car.
Yah, it certainly isn't a small job. For an '11, unless it's pristine, you're probably verging on the trade-in value of the car to have it done by a shop. Unless you have the skills and tools to DIY the job, you should probably just unload it.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
10,665 Posts
thats what iam going to do i dont know why they put it under the dash.i"get it charged up nd trade it in the nissan dealer
It's where almost every manufacturer puts it. On older Nissan models, like my 2003 Frontier or the Sentras in the 80s, for example, the evaporator box was separate from the heating unit and could be removed without taking out the dash. You also have to keep in mind that air conditioning was usually a dealer-installed option years ago, unlike today where practically every vehicle comes with it. Modern auto manufacturing is also about modular assembly on high-volume production lines, as well as keeping the number of parts that have to be stocked in warehouses and dealers to a minimum. So, rather than have to stock a housing assembly, heater core, evaporator core, expansion valve, thermistor, etc., they can turn it into one heater & cooling unit assembly and drastically cut down the number of part numbers they need to carry in inventory. Having everything in one module also cuts time down during vehicle assembly. The time and ease of assembly, however, doesn't usually goes to the benefit of the auto tech who will have to repair the vehicle later on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.