Nissan Forum banner

2010 Nissan Altima Android stereo replacement

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  andreas.owald 
#1 ·
I've recently had an interest in updating the stereo in my 2010 Nissan Altima. The stereo it came with is the one seen here in this Youtube video:

I'm preferring to have something that will work with Android; this stock stereo only seems to work with Apple; I guess having the ability to work with both systems would be ideal, but my preference is Android over Apple. While researching this a bit online, I'm finding that the dash kit that would go in place of the stock one isn't as abundantly available as other form-factors. I'm also reading stories how no audio is being produced from the stock Bose speakers when switching to a new Android-integrated radio. Does anyone have any experience, insight or reference material that's helpful for understanding the nuances that I should be aware of in my decision making? Any help would be appreciated. I looked on Crutchfield's website and some of the Pioneer stereos look like they would be the direction I might go towards, but the recommended dash kit they suggest as being 'likely necessary' doesn't look like it would fit with my digital AC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.