Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I am pretty much a novice when it comes to a lot of this, but i catch on fast. My question is about the mounts. I have a 2010 Coupe and Im pretty sure at least some of the mounts need to be replaced based on the vibration when driving, and the way the motor moves when I shift it into gear. I can clearly see the two Mounts at the top left of the engine, and they seem to be ok visually, but I really don't know. As far as the others, Im just not sure exactly what parts I need. So first, how do I know if the top two need to be replaced, and second, where can I find a list of definitive parts and know which ones my car has?

Any help is very greatly appreciated.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,361 Posts
Mounts need to be replaced if they are visually split, collapsed or leaking oil (in the case of hydraulic mounts). In some cases, you may need to jack up the engine or trans to properly check the mounts. If the mount has two wires going to it, then it is an electric mount. Electric motors in the mounts can fail, in addition to the other types of mount failures. To test them, one would need a capable scan tool to activate them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts