Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
450 Posts
sentragtr20 said:
Make sure you get a tranny out of a FWD bluebird ,if you take that route..
There is no such thing as a BBDET FWD tranny. You have to use the stock SR20DE tranny no matter what. But there are other options to strengthen the tranny itself to handle more power as sentragtr20 stated.

The BBDET ONLY came with a AWD automatic and an AWD manual.

You can find out a lot more about DET swaps on www.sr20deforum.com under the Turbo section.

· Registered
450 Posts
Hey OPIUM3

Where'd you get that from? You actually had the entire front clip or did somone dismantle it from the clip, add a FWD tranny and send it to you?

The only reason I ask is there has been no information on any Nissan website from overseas or any other website that shows a BBDET FWD. All of them have been AWD (manual or auto).

What year BB did it come from? This would put a spin on the BBDET facts that I have been gathering. Hmm?

Thanks!

· Registered
450 Posts
Well, I did as much searching as I could on overseas sites that sell used cars, show specs on cars, etc. and found nothing to back up your claim that you received a FWD BlueBird SR20DET clip.

The SR20DET is/was always matched up to a AWD tranny or a rear wheel drive tranny. Neither of those trannies are swappable in a FWD Nissan/Infiniti.

I then came upon this awesome matrix provided by www.freshalloy.com

NOTE: There is not one single Nissan model that came as a FWD SR20DET.

http://www.freshalloy.com/cars/nissan/super_matrix.html

So, now I am really wondering how you got a front clip off of a FWD Bluebird with a DET unless it was a FWD swap done overseas before you purchased it.

Anyone else have any links that show a completely stock FWD Bluebird SR20DET. I would love to see them!

· Registered
450 Posts
pwhitersx-s said:
im not much on this stuff but i heard that it is prossible to make the bb det a fwd car.
Yes. Besides the procedure for the actual engine swap, you do use your stock SR20DE tranny, flywheel, clutch assembly, etc. and it bolts right onto the BBDET.

That's what makes it such a simple swap for US-spec SR20DE powered vehicles.

My claim is that there was not a stock FWD SR20DET powered car ever produced. Not a Bluebird and not a Avenir, and most definitely not a Pulsar GTi-R. All of them came as a AWD.

· Registered
450 Posts
Sr20 B12 said:
As a matter of fact I belive Nissan only made two FWD turbo engines and they came from the twin-charged Nissan MARCH (super and turbo charged) and the Nissan Cherry. If i'm wrong someone please correct me.
There was a mid 80's turbo Pulsar NX. I believe it was a E15ET.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.