Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im kinda new to this stuff. I just wrecked my rsx-s and I am now looking into swaps. would a bluebird engine go into a 200sx se-r? will it fit in a normal 200sx? how much can you acquire engine tranny intake and exhaust for? what times woudl the car run? thanks guys, cuz I am a naturally aspirated guy and I am getting into turbos.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The motor will fit but the tranny is pretty useless. Just use your stock Sr20 tranny. Most of the wiring is the same, just a few changes you have to make. IF you put it into a 1.6L engine bay be prepare to cut, bend, pound, and flex certain pieces like the crossmember etc. (JUST GET A SR20 POWERED CAR) The best way to do it is to pick up the whole front clip so that way you have a full uncut wiring harness and misc. other items. ($3500 approx. can be found for cheaper) just the motor itself with a wiring harness and ecu, etc would be about 2500 - 2800) I have seen a pretty close to stock DET run mid to high 13's

·
One and only (sr20)
229 Posts
If you put a Blue bird engine into a 1.6l engine bay. You wont have to do much. About the same as putting it in to a Sr20. Accept you have to change every thing. Like axels, trans,etc.,ect..

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats funny because my buddies sr20DET hit his oil pan on the crossmember of his 1.6L....

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
useless

so putting the sr20det into a 1.6l 200sx would be kinda hard and a lot of money? so pretty much the 200sx se-r is the way to go. my problem I want a 96 yr cuz they look better but they are still around 5k for the damn car! damn high 13's would be nice.

·
One and only (sr20)
229 Posts
That's funny because on the 2.0l the blue birds the oil pan hits crossmember.. The two are the same.. Or appear to be...

·
Registered
674 Posts
If you get a Se-r, the bluebird det will bolt right in and up to the trans. You can use the harness from the Se-r and the sensors from the Se-r. Get your ECU reprogrammed and downpipe. Done. I have seen these motors for as low as $1300. I have been doing my research. Plan on doing one soon.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you said you would have to change axles etc with a bluebird engine? isnt it just a sr20det with fwd layout? so y would i have to change the axles and stuff like that?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how good is the tranny of a 200sx se-r tho? for a little bit more money would it be worth it to get a tranny with the engine or does it come with it?

·
One and only (sr20)
229 Posts
You dont have to change the axels if you have an sr20 already in it.. Thats if you start with Ga16...Because the sr20de and he ga16de do not have the same tranny... The sr20 doesnt have a good tranny.. It is only good for 300hp. Then it tends to break the second and third gears.. Cryogentics and shotpennig helps.. The bluebird trans. is also a little stonger,but has to be customized to work.. Make sure you get a tranny out of a FWD bluebird ,if you take that route..

·
Registered
413 Posts
sentragtr20 said:
Make sure you get a tranny out of a FWD bluebird ,if you take that route..
There is no such thing as a BBDET FWD tranny. You have to use the stock SR20DE tranny no matter what. But there are other options to strengthen the tranny itself to handle more power as sentragtr20 stated.

The BBDET ONLY came with a AWD automatic and an AWD manual.

You can find out a lot more about DET swaps on www.sr20deforum.com under the Turbo section.

·
One and only (sr20)
229 Posts
I was told that Mike was able to get them but they are rare... Plus i know a few that have use thme with only a little modification. And it was used on FWD only

·
Registered
41 Posts
get the bb swapp done on whatever it is, just do it... trust me...

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im not positive but I heard that the bluebird DET could either be put in AWD or FWD. It depends on what you want to do with it. plus it should come with a tranny. Im sure that people have done this, does anybody know of anyone that has? and you say the trannies are weak, like how weak? you put it in and they break, or they last a bit but eventually wear down due to abuse? man i wish i knew this stuff!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
in the regular 200sx, what makes it smaller than the se-r where it cant fit the sr20det in it?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
stupid question but when people just say the sr20, are they talking about the turbo version meaning the sr20det or is it a different engine?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
when people were talking about cutting the crossmember, what is that? and is it really hard to put it in the 200sx? it is a 1.6l but what makes it different under the hood, isnt the se-r still the same frame and identical parts except for the engine? or with the 1.6l will the drivetrain still work and everything of that sort? cuz if it wasnt too difficult y dont more people put bluebird det's in the 1.6l 200sx?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sorry for all the stupid question guys, i know ill get hell for this but where would I start looking for a bluebird det? sorry im used to honda's. damn its hard to learn this stuff at first!

·
One and only (sr20)
229 Posts
Any thing over 300hp will break the tranny.. Like I said the tranny is not very good.And trust me the crossmember is no different between the two engine... Look under youe car ,in the middle. You will see a bar that runs from the front to back... That is the crossmember

1 - 20 of 38 Posts