Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
254 Posts
If you want the best car for performance, get a 240. I have a 200sx making around 210whp at stock boost, truechoice suspension setup, ad22vf brakes, etc. My buddy has a s14, intake, header, exhaust, cam swap(either from a earlier 240 or altima), Tein suspension, making around 160whp. We had a little track event at this road course. Both of us were on street tires(I'm on Potenza re-730s and I think he had Dunlop SP8000). He was pulling 1:02s and I was pulling 1:04s. And I'd say we're fairly even drivers, I might be better even.

I'm making around 50 more whp, weigh 300 lbs less, and still got my ass kicked. Granted, it was my first time at the track, but at best I'd only be able to pull even. And I have probably one of the best sorted out daily driven se-r's out there. His car is better balanced and you can fit bigger tires. You just can't put down as much power in a FWD car.

Well, those are my observations!

Khiem

· Registered
254 Posts
98sr20ve said:
Turbo's and FWD are a particularly bad choice for a track car.
Hmm... well, I think that depends on the setup. I stuck with a t25 because I wanted my power to come on smoothly, which is does. It basically just feels like I have a lot more displacement. I have full stock boost(7-8psi) at ~2500k and the power goes up linearly from there; there's no big jump in HP, there's just more of it. If I had a big, laggy turbo, I'd agree that it would be a bad choice for a track car.

Whether you have a turbo or not, there's a physical limit to how much power you can put down. My stock VLSD was working well enough where I'd spin the outside wheel if I overpowered it exiting a corner. I was cornering and accelerating as fast as the available traction would allow me. Ah yes, the limit of 205 wide tires :(

Steve, I think we should trade cars sometime :) It'd be fun! Oh, I thought about a VE, but at the time, it was much cheaper to just go turbo and my motor was still relatively fresh.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.