Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i jus recently purchased a 1984 200SX Turbo, can someone please tell me what my motor is, i think it is a CA18ET but imnot sure...AND something is wrong when the motor is running..it smokes white smoke...and spits oil out the exhaust and looking at the exhaust manifold it is trying to spit oil out where it bolts on. And if that lil orange colored gasket is broke what does that affect?????thanks....derek :cheers:

·
Registered
29 Posts
djcrevi said:
i jus recently purchased a 1984 200SX Turbo, can someone please tell me what my motor is, i think it is a CA18ET but imnot sure...AND something is wrong when the motor is running..it smokes white smoke...and spits oil out the exhaust and looking at the exhaust manifold it is trying to spit oil out where it bolts on. And if that lil orange colored gasket is broke what does that affect?????thanks....derek :cheers:
Not sure of the engine type, but the smoke is not good. White smoke from your exhaust would be coolant, as in coolant entering the combustion chamber; which could mean a headgasket leak. Smell it - if it's sweet smelling, it's coolant. If it's "bluish"-white smoke with a burnt smell, that would be oil burning.

As for the oil leak: If you're talking about the turbo-exhaust manifold, and oil spitting from there, where exactly is it coming from, the turbo mount or the manifold as it bolts to the head? Either way, again not good. If it's (the oil) is coming from the turbo flange, your turbo is probably bad. If the oil is from the head area around the exhaust manifold, first check to see if it's leaking down from the valve cover gasket. If not, you may have oil getting into the combustion chamber from the head which leads me to think bad valve seals, which also may be contributing to your smoking problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oil Return Hose

4sphed said:
Not sure of the engine type, but the smoke is not good. White smoke from your exhaust would be coolant, as in coolant entering the combustion chamber; which could mean a headgasket leak. Smell it - if it's sweet smelling, it's coolant. If it's "bluish"-white smoke with a burnt smell, that would be oil burning.

As for the oil leak: If you're talking about the turbo-exhaust manifold, and oil spitting from there, where exactly is it coming from, the turbo mount or the manifold as it bolts to the head? Either way, again not good. If it's (the oil) is coming from the turbo flange, your turbo is probably bad. If the oil is from the head area around the exhaust manifold, first check to see if it's leaking down from the valve cover gasket. If not, you may have oil getting into the combustion chamber from the head which leads me to think bad valve seals, which also may be contributing to your smoking problem.

Someone toldme the white smoke that smells like CRAP they told me the oil return line is the one causing the oilk buildup and smoke they said it was clogged and building up the oil and trying to spit it out the exhaust...could this be?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
what does the lil orange gasket affect if it is broken by the turbo....it sorda looks like a coupler but its not ...anyone know?????

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AND can somebody plz tell me what that lil orange piece is called so i can get a new one thanks alot...derek

1 - 10 of 10 Posts