Nissan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've heard that a clear advantage the se has over the ser is the speed limiter on the se-r that cuts the gas at 109? Has anyone else heard this? What's the se's top speed in stock?

·
Red line chaser
814 Posts
The 200SX SE-R's are speed limited to 109, but any 200SX SE-R speed limiter can be taken care of with a G20 ($100-$150) or JWT ($595) ECU. After that, the sky's the limit. But even in stock form, the hp & tq difference will be tough to overcome.

·
Registered
413 Posts
akk51 said:
i've heard that a clear advantage the se has over the ser is the speed limiter on the se-r that cuts the gas at 109? Has anyone else heard this? What's the se's top speed in stock?
Well, since the 200 SX SE had the 1.6 and the 200 SX SE-R has the 2.0, I can see where there is a disadvantage in having the SE. It would take you a hell of a lot longer to get to 109 mph than the SE-R. :D

Anyhow, your speed limiter should be set at 109 just as the SE-R is and unfortunately you can not use the G20 ECU in your car since it is not a SR20DE.

·
Registered
138 Posts
that's weird my friend has a 200sx se and i watched him take the car over 115mph and the car was stock.

·
Registered
191 Posts
SE not governed at 109

Well, it's not true that the SE is governed at 109 because tonight I pulled it to 114mph on my way home from work tonight on I-59 following behind a celica. This is the only time I've been able to open it up so it was kinda cool :D

S

·
0 Posts
It just...

All it does is cut off fuel once the car hits 109, if you have momentum and say you're going down a hill, you'll continue to gain speed. That's all.

·
Registered
138 Posts
i think thats not true b/c i could still here the sound of exaughst at 115mph.

S

·
0 Posts
Wel...

I've never taken my car past 100, so I have not positive. I'm just going by what I know.

·
Registered
354 Posts
just a question: does it cut "fuel" or "spark" i would think that if you cut fuel there would be a few moments of an extreme lean condition.
i could be wrong though, it's been known to happen

C

·
0 Posts
Yeh, it cuts at 109. But as someone previously said, a Jim Wolf ECU will take that sucker right out.

·
Banned
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so the se doesn't have a limiter? i know the spedometer only goes to 120 and has marks to 130 but i think at least on mine there's a little knob that stops the needle there.

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Greg, dont lie. You had that on a lift at the shop didnt you. :D
BTW... There is a reason I bought an A'pexi Multi-Checker :p

*EDIT*
p.s. Have you calibrated your speedo? *sniker*

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
Does anyone know a mathematical formula to calculate a theoretical top speed? I've searched through the net only to find a bunch of b.s. formula's that are always off. Especially after checking and re-checking my math. I've got all the info that I would think you need like all the gear ratio's, final drive, etc etc... I just need a formula to figure it out. I don't have a speed limiter in my ride, and I've taken it to near redline in 5th gear before, and I've always wondered how fast I was going. I don't have a speedometer. I was guessing around 140mph with my NX2000 transmission.

·
Registered
393 Posts
i think i read one of the monthly forums that did a formula for it in an old sport compact car. try www.sportcompactcarweb.com

·
Drives Hard
288 Posts
OPIUM3 said:
Does anyone know a mathematical formula to calculate a theoretical top speed? I've searched through the net only to find a bunch of b.s. formula's that are always off. Especially after checking and re-checking my math. I've got all the info that I would think you need like all the gear ratio's, final drive, etc etc... I just need a formula to figure it out. I don't have a speed limiter in my ride, and I've taken it to near redline in 5th gear before, and I've always wondered how fast I was going. I don't have a speedometer. I was guessing around 140mph with my NX2000 transmission.

Send me your info, and I'll post your results or just send them back to you. I need final drive, gear ratios and tire size.

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
check your email GregV... thanks again!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts