Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Gotta Represent
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am having a hard time deciding what to get. i have the oppurtunity to get a 200sx se-r 5speed, or a 200sx se 5speed. the only problem is, that i can get the se for about a grand cheaper, and it comes in black or silver. the se-r comes in teal(what i can afford) if i mod my engine with headers/intake/cat back on the se, will it be up to par with the se-r or should i just get the se-r and f**K the color??

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
b14sleeper said:
i am having a hard time deciding what to get. i have the oppurtunity to get a 200sx se-r 5speed, or a 200sx se 5speed. the only problem is, that i can get the se for about a grand cheaper, and it comes in black or silver. the se-r comes in teal(what i can afford) if i mod my engine with headers/intake/cat back on the se, will it be up to par with the se-r or should i just get the se-r and f**K the color??
so you're actually considering an SE of an SE-R??? are you on crack?

SE=1.6L engine @ 115 HP
SE-R=2.0L engine @ 140hp

you will want the more powerful engine, especially if you want to tune it. putting headers/exaust/cai on the 1.6L will not even come close to being even with the 2.0L. you'll need to dump way more money into it to get 140 hp, in which case you could've just started with the 2.0L and saved yourself the trouble.

the choice is obvious. SE-R's are extremly rare and finding one in good condition is near impossible. you should snatch it up whilst you can. and hey, if you find your SR20 has too much power you can always put in a GA16

·
Registered
239 Posts
I bought a 200sx se. then I sold it 3 years later and bought a se-r. Should have done it right the first time!

Have you thought about everything else the SE-R have to offer for the $1000? Side skirts, four wheel disc brakes, "15 light weight rims, leather wrapped steering wheel/shifter etc?

I think we just made up your mind for you. Get the sr20. :)

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
chucky200 said:
I bought a 200sx se. then I sold it 3 years later and bought a se-r. Should have done it right the first time!

Have you thought about everything else the SE-R have to offer for the $1000? Side skirts, four wheel disc brakes, "15 light weight rims, leather wrapped steering wheel/shifter etc?

I think we just made up your mind for you. Get the sr20. :)

w00t, same here....had the GA at first...very well modded. didnt even touch a stock sr20...so i sold the ga and got my se-r...sr20's own joo. i really cant believe ur comparing these 2 motors/cars. chucky called it on why ur spending the extra 1k$.....better overall.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
the se-r!!!!! i am selling my gxe right now to get a 91 classic. the se-r wheels are only 15lbs beleive me! i took my tires off to paint and they are hella light.

also, i like the teal color. polish that bad boy up when you buy it and let that paint SHINE! have you seen the pic of the teal 200 with a carbon fiber hood and bronze wheels? it looks amazing to say the least. also, honda boys pay for that color to stand out and you have it stock.

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
if you put the same mods on both, the SR20 and the GA16DE then ofcourse that the SR20 will produce more power since the stock HP of SR20 is higher than of a GA16DE.

Anyway,
I just saw a '96 SE-R for sale, 56,000miles, automatic for $5,000 ...looks in pretty good condition (looks like somebody was just using it to commute). Too bad i swapped another GA16DE engine after mine died, otherwise i would have money for this one :(

·
Gotta Represent
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ya, i will most likely go with the se-r, polish it, and get some black rims, or paint the se-r rims black, but i dont want to mess with the classic rims, just gonna let them sit, who knows(they might become valuable), although petes look pretty nice!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
B14_Stealth said:
youre doing a swap ?
Yes, as a matter of fact. Or attempt one at best. I have boy looking for the parts as we speak. From what I've read on the threads, 2 Gs is gonna be my cost + labor. Will take my 4 months to pay that off, unless I land another job.

GA16 -> SR20

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
b14sleeper said:
but i dont want to mess with the classic rims, just gonna let them sit, who knows(they might become valuable), although petes look pretty nice!!
that pic is very misleading......they look like hell. right now they are being striped to bare metal via media blaster and then im painting them a "gunmetal" or graphite if you will. and will look much better.
heres the color they will be, its made by duplicolor. the duplicolor clear coat is some of the strongest clear i have ever used.
^BTW thats "pretty whites' " car from sr forum (he's a member here but not on much.

·
Registered
79 Posts
man from what i read so far... an sr20 is da way to go...ya'll make it seem like why spend all da money on moddin a GA16 when it can barely match a sr20 stock...So i got my mind made up too...and i called a local auto salvage yard who has 3 sr20 motors...each goin for $400 with like 70,000 miles on them...and all of them came outta a G20....so thanks for makin this thread to whoever created it...gonna do a swap next friday when i get paid....so wish me luck on my transition...lol

1 - 20 of 45 Posts