Nissan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

What kind of gas mileage do you all extract from your 200SX SE-Rs?

TIA!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crono is dead on for my average as well, with almost 160K on the ticker. I've got as much as 32mpg out of on tank, and as little as 25mpg on another. Just depends on how much I get stuck in traffic.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yup

Ditto what '96 said. I've got about 85K on my '95 SE-R, and get low 30s on road trips, mid 20s around town, high 20s if I'm doing both.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I took a trip up to my folks house this past weekend and pulled 40 mpg out of the old Se-r. No bullshit. 320 miles on 8.1 gal. of gas. I don't know any v-8 cars that runs 14's and gets that kind of gas mileage.:p

·
Registered
135 Posts
Actually...I think most V8's actually do get great gas mileage on the highway. I think the camaro gets like 38?? Not sure but I know they are very effective machines at higher speeds. City travel is where they get screwed over.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Crono1321 said:
Actually...I think most V8's actually do get great gas mileage on the highway. I think the camaro gets like 38?? Not sure but I know they are very effective machines at higher speeds. City travel is where they get screwed over.
I dunno how effective the Camaro is, but the 99 Dakota R/T I just optioned off for a new Frontier Crew Cab sure loved the petro. It got 13-14 in the city, and was luck to see 20-21 on pure highway driving. That's the main reason I bought the SE-R about a year ago when my commute doubled.

Later...

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No Camaro will ever see 38mpg unless it was totally babied. They get about 17 city/24 hwy.

·
Registered
116 Posts
GRocky said:
Hi all,
What kind of gas mileage do you all extract from your 200SX SE-Rs?
TIA!
On my 95 w/ 120K miles and all bolt-ons less pulleys, I get 26-28. It used to be up around 32 all the time but something happened... and I've been searching for that something for close to two years now! The bad gas mileage started before I modded the car and continue after modding it to hell. I get better gas mileage around 90-100 but that might have something to do with the EGR not being threaded into the header ;)

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
If this B13 owner is allowed to play, I've seen low-30s at high-speed cruise and a low of 15 mpg (yep, you read right) while circulating Texas World Speedway during a track day.

Usually averaged 27-28 mpg.

·
Registered
135 Posts
bahearn said:
If this B13 owner is allowed to play,

No. They are not. Go away. :D jp! I thought older cars got worse gas mileage. Of course....the engine is the same so I guess it's not that big of a difference. As long as you have a good tune-up you should be getting upper 20- lower 30.

Ju§tin

·
Registered
249 Posts
Mine has always gotten 22-25 mpg no matter how I drive.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That sucks canal water. I love the fact that my car is fun to drive AND gets in the neighborhood of 30mpg.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts