Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I've got a 95 200sxSE and I want some simple mods that won't cost me a crap load of money. I don't want my car riced out but I want her to perform a bit better. and look a little better too.
One thing I really want to look into is rims THat's my first want. You guys have any ideas where i can get good deals on rims and tires that won't kill my budget?

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
THe cheapest mod i know that will give you some power gains is advancing your timing. All it will cost you is about 10mins of your time and however much the timing gun costs. Some people on this board have one. Intakes are not that expensive for this car. The POP charger is the cheapest but also gives you the least amount of horsepower.

·
Platinum
462 Posts
www.sentra.net has great information for upgrading your ride. Good less expensive upgrade will be the intake/exhuast conbo. Advance the ingition timing a little bit but you gotta do it right. Advance timing doesn't cost any $$$ either.

Good luck

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not about to pay for premium gas.. but ok I'm not too smart when it comes to this. how do I advance the timing? and what is a timing gun, what does it do?

·
Registered
672 Posts
a good mod you can also get is the unorthodox racing pulley kit system. they free up lost ponies that you wanna get to.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
yes.. a unorthodox pulley kit. there is a group buy going on right now if you are interested in joining. it for the GA16DE motors.
=)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LIUSPEED said:
yes.. a unorthodox pulley kit. there is a group buy going on right now if you are interested in joining. it for the GA16DE motors.
=)
How much are they? here's me being blonde but how do i know what kind of engine i have??

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
i think you have the 1.6 unless im mistaken.. it the 2.0 liter.. the pully go about 168 if we get more than 15 people. check on classifieds.

·
what?
2,704 Posts
Well,
The easiest way to tell your engine is to look at your speedo. If it only goes to 130, it's the smaller engine. If it goes to 150 it's the bigger one. Unless your car was previously owned by me and I switched the speedos...

Seth

G

·
IMO. if your too cheap to pay for higher octane fuel, you shouldn't even consider making your car peform better. tweaking automobiles is an expensive hobby and good fuel is just the beginning. sure i run 87 in my sr20 but i don't have a single thing done to the motor either. i'll be switching over to 93 eventually and i'll probaly leave the timing alone for a while too.

·
Registered
249 Posts
The best MOD for the money was the Jim Wolf ECU

·
Registered
672 Posts
FastRedB14 said:
IMO. if your too cheap to pay for higher octane fuel, you shouldn't even consider making your car peform better. tweaking automobiles is an expensive hobby and good fuel is just the beginning. sure i run 87 in my sr20 but i don't have a single thing done to the motor either. i'll be switching over to 93 eventually and i'll probaly leave the timing alone for a while too.
here here!
guys, she has a ga16de. her car is a 200sx se, not se r. its says so right under her name.

G

·
i didn't mean that she needs to run 93 because she has an sr20. hell i have 93 octance in my 120hp sunfire right now. what i'm saying is, is that if you have 700+ dollars for an ECU then I think you can afford to splurge a little on the cleaner burning fuel.

·
Registered
672 Posts
thats what i was agreing with you on, fastredb14. no harm done

·
Banned
1,530 Posts
The cheapest, EASIEST modification you can do YOURSELF. Add a new airfilter or air intake. Go to almost ANY autoparts store and ask the gentleman for a K&N air filter for you car. All it requires is taking your old air filter out and putting your new one in. Around $50...depending on the store.

OR find a place to buy a Cold Air intake from Place racing or Hot Shot, then new headers, full catback exhaust, spark plug wires, light weight wheels, carbon fiber hood. That might make the little sucker faster. A bit pricier though. :D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts