Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm brand new here and had a question for anyone gracious enough to help out. I got a 1996 200SX SE last week and the headlights are a bit yellowed...so I ordered a replacement set which, of course, did NOT come shipped with instructions on how to install them. I could probably fiddle around and manage to put them in myself without instructions, but if someone has an installation guide they could email me...or if you know of a web link that contains step-by-step instructions...I'd owe you forever. (These are the lights in the center - not the ones that wrap around the side of the car.) Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Dude it should only be like four maybe six bolts per light. Look at the back of the lights and find where the attach points are. Should be cake from there. The hardest part will prob be getting the stupid bulbs out, if they are like the classics. Oh and you would prob be better off putting this in the b14 section.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Why order new? Mine were way yellow when I bought my car but some toothpaste and about 5 min of elbow grease on each one made them look brand new.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I bought some new knockoff OEM headlights from eBay since one of mine was super yellow. I tried the exterior polish method but most of the yellowing was inside.

Start with the passenger side, it is easier. The driver's side is a b*tch. There are some hoses that get in the way. Hope you have a good assortment of tools.

Download the service manual for the B14 and it should show u where screws are.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts