Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1998 200sx 1.6 auto.
well for starters i have this one annoying problem with the dimmer switch.
ill turn the head lights on and all the dash lights wont come and and even the clock goes off. the quick remedy to this is to unplug and plug the dimmer swithc back in. thats one problem.
the second problem is half the lights for the heat/ac controls dont turn on or sometimes none come on at all and the light (if there is one) to show what gear im in doesnt turn on and the light for the glove box (again, if there is one) doesnt turn on.
and the last problem the inside light in the car doesnt turn on when the passenger door opens all the time its hit or miss i guess idk if thats a problem or not.
i really bought the car used with these the second and third problem but the first one just happened one night so any help would be appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
147 Posts
well the dome light is the bulb, replace the bulb and with mine i had to bend the connecting tabs in so it was making good contact

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
dimmer switches give this problem when old, either move it back and forth till it works or get a new one.
Clean or replace the passenger door switch.
some of the bulbs in your heater control module have blown, replace them ( all of them i would suggest while you are there)
The car is pushing 15 yrs, so the bulbs are giving out.

·
Registered
147 Posts
dimmer switches give this problem when old, either move it back and forth till it works or get a new one.
Clean or replace the passenger door switch.
some of the bulbs in your heater control module have blown, replace them ( all of them i would suggest while you are there)
The car is pushing 15 yrs, so the bulbs are giving out.

what bulbs do the sentras and 200sx's use for the instrument lights? i put 194's behind my gauges i still have to do the rest of the bulbs

·
Registered
4,218 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx for the feedback, i didnt see anything about the light to illuminate the panel to show which gear youre in, if theres a light for this car

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Its an Auto so i dont know... anyone know if it has light for gear?
I assume its the same bulbs as for the other instument lights.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
all right everyone thanx for the advice im going to go stop at advanced auto to pick up some bulbs and maybe a new dimmer switch, hope this works thanx for the feedback

1 - 8 of 8 Posts