Nissan Forum banner

2009 Versa sedan 1.6L!!!!!

4K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  haslamjd 
#1 ·
Hi there,
I am an old Sentra driver but I was flipping through the paper yesterday and there was an add for a Versa sedan for 2009 and it was a 1.6L and it claimed to be the cheapest car in Canada at 12,498. I found this very intriguing. I was going to Kingston so I droped by the dealership there. Man was my expectations blown away! It has 6 airbags which is awesome for such an econobox, and funny enough there is more leg room for the backseats than the sentra and it is comfortable, much more than what I can say for other cars near its price range. So I am considering saving like mad for when my poor Sentra goes.

#6 ·
Well I have the 3 sp automatic, which can be quite sluggish on the pick up. And I'm sure they can do a lot more with the small engines now, I could be wrong. I would be getting the base model, the 5 sp. My Sentra is my first car, an awesome first car I must say. I'm still trying to learn standard, I hope I could handle it in the city.

#8 ·
We're talking a bit away still like when I have a steadier job and when my car is ready to go haha, I would like pay almost half for the down payment, which will take a bit to save haha, and how much more insurance will be, that evil word.

#12 ·
$9,990 nets no radio, no A/C, and no other gizmos whatsoever beyond the safety stuff. They have a few of the base models to look at in Grapevine, TX. If you want A/C then you have to opt up to the $10,990 model. I think I'd take one over a Kia Rio, Hyundai Accent or Chevy Aveo.

#14 · (Edited)
I needed a car for my kids to drive, and Obama was offering $4500 for a clunker trade-in. We had an old 96 Plymouth Van that qualified, and it needed a new transmission, so we jumped at the opportunity to dump it.

The 2009 Versa Base model Sedan cost us $9995 less the $4500 clunker money, and my wife had a $500 teacher discount for the dealership, so we only paid $4995 for a brand new car.

Yeah, no radio...but I can be one heck of a radio for the money I saved. We can fit our whole family in the car and everyone has ample leg room. The only down side is that I am used to auto-everything, so manually locking/unlocking doors is a pain, but again for the savings...I can do that.

I also found that the base does come with air...I just have to roll down the window. But I am not looking forward to the summer heat. Anyway, I hope the kids enjoy the car!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.