Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wtf::wtf:hello all ! i am new here but need to post .
i have a 2009 maxima thats in the shop . 3rd time in as many weeks .
random engine missfire
car started missing at 3000 miles . called dealer and they said as long as the ses light wasnt on it was bad fuel.
at 6000 miles the ses light came on but did not flash .
they took it in and cleared code and found random engine missfire .
they checked injectors , mass air flow , coils , etc etc
drove it home and the next day light came back on .
they said drive it a few days and see if it gets worse ..... again bad fuel maybe . was instructed to buy from a different station . then 2 days later with light still on it stared flashing and running worse theysaid bring it right in . after 5 days they said it was number 1 injector and plug . one my way home they ses light comes back on .
they now have had it 2 more days .
anyone heard of this or have any ideas ?

·
Nissan Technician
118 Posts
You're aware that it calls for premium? Also, fuel issues can take some time to work themselves out. The bad fuel has to run through...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am aware that it calls for premium . and thats all we use in it. but even lower octane will not make it miss and have a missfire code . well it been out of the shop now for a little over a week and they installed an ecm . seems to have fixed it . we will see

·
Registered
717 Posts
Get them to pressure test it for a head gasket leak. I had one a few months back that kept having a #3 misfire but on the 3rd return FIX told me to do that and I saw fluid coming down the cylinder wall. Replaced the gasket and haven't seen it since.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
on the 3rd return FIX told me to do that and I saw fluid coming down the cylinder wall.
Gotta love those borescopes eh?
Useless sometimes, indispensable at other times.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I've got an old one, same type of thing, but smaller. If I remember right, cost me like $200 or something. Dirt cheap, not the best screen, but works good enough for me. I work on aircraft. I wish I had the $100K units that the Jets shop has. Can count the whiskers on a gnat's upper lip with that one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
:wtf::wtf:hello all ! i am new here but need to post .
i have a 2009 maxima thats in the shop . 3rd time in as many weeks .
random engine missfire
car started missing at 3000 miles . called dealer and they said as long as the ses light wasnt on it was bad fuel.
at 6000 miles the ses light came on but did not flash .
they took it in and cleared code and found random engine missfire .
they checked injectors , mass air flow , coils , etc etc
drove it home and the next day light came back on .
they said drive it a few days and see if it gets worse ..... again bad fuel maybe . was instructed to buy from a different station . then 2 days later with light still on it stared flashing and running worse theysaid bring it right in . after 5 days they said it was number 1 injector and plug . one my way home they ses light comes back on .
they now have had it 2 more days .
anyone heard of this or have any ideas ?
I have a A33 1999 Maxima 200850 kms, at idle it runs as smooth as a sewing machine, after driving ten kms and stationary at the lights and in drive I feel a semi regular humping , while driving this humping does not feel as obvious when cruising at 2000 rpm and I depress the accelerator the missing appears more obvious as the transmission kicks down. It does appear that temperature has an effect on the missing. When I floor the motor it does not appear to miss.?????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts