Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need of help with a 2008 Pathfinder. The truck was have some reverse issue, before we could get it fix the reverse now works fine, but the Drive won’t work. It goes in reverse and will move backwards. But when I put the truck in drive it won’t move at all. The fluid is fine there is no sign of contamination from the radiator. Its not given off any codes.. Where do I start?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome to the forum Emma…
I hope someone here can help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,740 Posts
I need of help with a 2008 Pathfinder. The truck was have some reverse issue, before we could get it fix the reverse now works fine, but the Drive won’t work. It goes in reverse and will move backwards. But when I put the truck in drive it won’t move at all. The fluid is fine there is no sign of contamination from the radiator. Its not given off any codes.. Where do I start?
What's your ATF fluid look like? Here's a blotter test. Place a couple of drops of the ATF on a paper towel and wait about 30-seconds or so. If the fluid has spread out and is red or very light brown in color, the fluid is good – No action is needed. If the fluid does not spread out and is very dark brown in color, the fluid is oxidized; if it has a burnt smell to it, then there may be internal damage.
There are certain DTCs that the TCM will post that a typical scan tool can't read. A Nissan Consult-III tool or other advanced scan tool will be able to read those "special" DTCs.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
10,489 Posts
Another thing that occurs sometimes is the metal pin tracks between the TCM and the valve body can crack and break, causing an intermitting or open circuit. It's a fairly well known issue on the RE5R05A transmissions in the Pathfinder and Frontier and some Infiniti products. The track can be soldered to repair the break or crack.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts