Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm trying to fix my moms Murano and I cant figure out what it could be so I am coming here to hopefully get some advice. She told me a while back that it was misfiring so I drove it and sure enough it felt like it was misfiring. So we did a full tune up on it and that did nothing. I should also note that no check engine lights or anything ever popped up. So I drove it again but this time I put it in manual shift mode and noticed the "misfire" was completely gone. So now I cant figure out if what we are experiencing is even a misfire or just something that feels like a misfire. Any ideas?

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,874 Posts
Your car uses a CVT for a transmission. What could be happening is that in drive, the CVT is trying to shift into the next gear or the torque converter is trying to lock up but fails to do so. In manual mode when you select a gear, it remains locked in that gear.
Inside the CVT there's a device called a stepper motor that may have a problem or the TCU (transmission control unit), which is outside the CVT, may have a problem. Not all OBD codes turn on the MIL. You need to use an advanced code scanner to read the TCU codes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts